Relegation and Promotion

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

An unintended benefit of the new site are my bad picks have disappeared :D . Let's try this again

Relegated;
    1. Swansea
    2. Wigan
    3. Norwich

Promoted;
    1. Wet Spam
    2. Southampton
    3. Leicester City

2. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Don't know nearly as much about The Championship but I'll give this a go.

Relegated

Wigan
    Norwich
    West Brom

Promoted

Hull City
    West Ham
    Southhampton

3. Fulhamdoctor

Fulhamdoctor New Member

Relegated:
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Swansea

Promoted;
    Birmingham
    Nottingham
    Liecester

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Hmm, can't remember what I posted previously on this topic, though I'm certain I picked Blackpool for promotion, so......

Relegated:
    QPR
    WBA
    Swans

Promoted:
    Portsmouth
    Hillsborough
    Blackpool

5. SoCalJoe

**Nice pick by myself and others of Swansea going down :oops:

Now is the time of year that teams that have sucked all year, start getting results. QPHa w/a remarkable comeback for all 3 points against Liverpool last night. Down 0-2 to a 3-2 win in the last 15 minutes? :shock: Blackburn beat an in-form Sunderland team, and Steve Kean just might get the last laugh. I can't see Wolves or Wigan saving themselves, but I think Bolton will play inspired football for Fabrice, so there should be plenty of drama for that all-important 17th place.

Just checked the Championship standings and Southhampton is looking good for a return to the top flight. Reading is battling the Spammers for the second automatic promotion position. Always had a soft spot for Reading because of Convey and Hahnemann so I hope they force Spam into those tricky playoffs.

6. SoCalJoe

: :text-welcomeconfetti: BACK Reading. They are the first team promoted. Most of us have a soft spot for the Royals because of Hahnemann's career there and Bobby Convey's great season the last time they got promoted. Southhampton has the edge on getting the second spot and Fat Sam's 'can't miss' Spammers will likely have to slug it out in the playoffs.

7. jumpkutz

Down go Wolves, no surprise there.

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

5 wins, 7 draws. Just not good enough. Hopefully they can keep enough so they don't free fall down out of the Championship next season.

9. SoCalJoe

Lost in what was happening in Barcelona was Bolton going to Villa Park and beating Aston Villa 2-1. To say Villa is staggering to the finish line is an understatement, why they would hire McLeish from their hated rival Brum, who got RELEGATED might be the mystery of the season. Which 3 will survive?? Villa at 36 pts, QPR and Wigan at 34, Bolton at 33 (but w/a game in hand), and Blackburn at 31.

10. jumpkutz

I'd really hate to see Blackburn relegated since they were the last side outside the "Big Four/Five" to win the league, but it looks bad for them right now. Wish somebody besides City would step up and challenge the ogres.
    It'll be interesting to see who survives here in the next few weeks. Glad we're above the fray on that count.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

So true. Too many relaxation scraps. We get to sit back and just enjoy the watching the top and bottom now. :happy-partydance:

12. jumpkutz

Congratulations to Southampton and their supporters for earning promotion to the PL. Looks like we'll be heading to St. Mary's next season! I wonder, does anybody know if they play or sing "When The Saints Go Marchin' In"?

13. jumpkutz

Big props to Wolves today. Having already been relegated, they stormed back from being down 4-nil at Swans. They could've easily packed it in, but they didn't. Instead, they went to work, and against one of the best new keepers in the league, fought back to even terms, even though it meant NOTHING in either the short or long run. That's real character and class.

14. SoCalJoe

How many shots did Blackburn manage today in the inspired :roll: performance at White Hart Lane? Let Dean Wormer of famed Faber College fill you in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

The Rovers play at home against Wigan and away to Chelski and are all but done.

QPR mauled at Stamford Bridge, and now have a worse GD than Wigan who sits 3 pts above them. It's looks like it's them or Bolton. The Ha's have a better GD than the Wanderers, but Bolton have a game in hand.

Congrats to Southampton and happy the Spammers will have to earn it the hard way.

15. SoCalJoe

Massive game Wed. at the Reebok when Bolton hosts Spurs. Fabrice Muamba will be there in person to root his teammates on. A result for Bolton will go a long way in aiding Mark Hughes' "ambition" of winning a league title....in the second tier :shock: :lol:

16. jumpkutz

Any wagering an inspired Wanderer's side will clean Spur's clocks?

17. SoCalJoe

Spam goes to Cardiff and wins 0-2 to take a huge step towards a return. Cardiff either chokes away automatic promotion or flames out in the playoffs seemingly every year.

Bolton is on the ropes and now will have to get at least 4 points from the last 2 matches to escape. Those two quick goals by Spuds to turn a 1-1 match (and an invaluable point) into an eventual 4-1 loss has left the Wanderers with only one way to stay up, and that is finish w/a minumum of 38 points and get help. Their pathetic GD means they have to finish ahead of someone.

Villa-37 pts, -14 GD; H Spurs, A Norwich; If Spurs beat them coupled w/QPR & Bolton wins, and it's squeaky bum time at Norwich.
    Wigan-37 pts, -22 GD; A Blackburn, H Wolves; Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish w/43 pts.
    Qpr-34 pts, -23 GD; H Stoke, A Man Citeh; They better beat Stoke and hope WBA beat Bolton, because the final game is brutal.
    Bolton-34 pts, -31 GD; H WBA, A Stoke; A win on Sun. gives them a real lifeline.
    Blackburn-31 pts, -28 GD; H Wigan, A Chelski; Toast)

18. SoCalJoe

Blackpool 1-0 in the first leg over Birmingham. The Tangerine Dream part II??

19. jumpkutz

Go Seasiders!

20. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

My dirty inclination is that the Hammers go up - despite my desire for any o the other 4 clubs to do so.