Regrets, I've got a few...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by NJGlen, Nov 8, 2006.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

While generally happy that there now seems to be more of a balance in the coridors of power now, I do have two regrets. I did have a hope that Harold Ford (D) and Rick Santorum (R) would win their respective elections.

Not because of the issues they stand on. And not because I have a bias towards either party - because one is republican and one is democratic. But because I happen to believe that they are both decent, upstanding, principled politicians and are the type of people I would like representing the country's best interests in Washington.

I am thinking of invoking a new rule, however. We should ask everyone in the country a simple question: 'who wants to become a politican?' Anyone who raises a hand or answers affirmatively should automatically become exempt from ever entering politics, and then we begin picking our representatives from the remainder of the population. Whatdayathink????

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Regrets, I

But the reason that most WOULDNT nowadays is that they cant have ANYTHING in their past which can be used against them.
    Like maybe having used the N word in a college locker room. Or having Granny been born a JOOOO!!!
    Or using some nonsense word, trying to be funny?

Remember...I did a thread on that?

So... who's left?

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I feel bad for Chaffe. The guys a moderate who voted against the war and everything yet gets the boot just because the letter beside his name.

4. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Regrets, I

Yeah, I am afraid we have the salacious media to blame - they love a dirty fight and usre help in digging up soundbytes from the past. However, I have to disagree about the nonsense word...that was plain stuuuuuuuuuupid.

I also did not appreciate the televising of the last few hours of the electrions last night. I wanted to be all responsible, serious and grown-up and watch an unbiased account of what was unravelling and the implications it had for central government. And what did I get? I got Fox's 'oh...a democrat won in NJ so it must have been a dirty fight...' or CNN's 'oh..WE only need a few more seats for a democratic house...'

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. I ended up watching the Daily Show simply because Fox and CNN made me want to headbutt the TV.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: Regrets, I

I'm running for office next elections....if i win, i'm proposing a bill that would demand that all Fulham matches be played live on tv here, and that it be mandatory that all businesses allow their employees to watch every match. Would anyone here vote for me? ;-)

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Vote for you? Hell, I'll write you a campaign song!

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

And I'll defend you against all the salacious lawsuits.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and buy you a Pettyfog to English dictionary!