Realistic goal for next year?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, May 12, 2008.

1. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Thanks for posting the link ChiFan, that's where I copied the date for the schedule draw. I'm sure by the end of July i'll have my trip planned out.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Realistic goal for next year?

I have over 700 posts... so what do you think? It goes without saying that I hope Fulham wins the quadruple next year (League Cup, Premier League, UEFA Cup, and FA Cup). Do I have to even write this to prove anything? I don't think so.

The title of this thread is "Realistic goal for next year". My opinion (I don't give an f if you or anybody else agrees) is that Fulham will be in another relegation fight (of course I hope we do better and win the quadruple). Maybe Fulham equals its best year and finishes 9th in the table (woohoo, not even a Euro spot, woohoo)... but unless the team changes a lot in the summer and not like it changed last summer, and given whatever it is the other teams with more money do... Fulham probably won't finish 9th. Do I hope it finishes higher than 9th? Yes. How often does Fulham finish in the top ten? Not very often, in fact, just once. So it is likely Fulham will finish in the top 10 next year? Not very likely. Do I hope we get a Champions League spot next year? Yes. Will I write stupidity and argue we will? No. Statistics are an ass.

The fact that Fulham is in the EPL is precious. We just about got relegated for probably multiple years this weekend. The fact Fulham has remained in the league for so long is about as glorious it will get (barring a miracle quadruple or a much more likely miracle single (League Cup or FA Cup)).

I am just happy Fulham gets to hang out with the big boys.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Realistic goal for next year?

I still like my song and it wasn't intended to be a lightening rod as to whether FFC has the funds to compete with Chelsea, or Villa for that matter. Everybody here knows full well the pros and cons of following this club. Still, as stated by another thread, London is an asset this club needs to use to greater effect.

I think we can all agree that if FFC spend wisely, and I am confident the Euro connections of Woy will pay great dividends this off-season, we can dream larger without dellusional stigmas attached.