Real Boss: Beckham has played his last match

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jan 13, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Capello won't pick Beckham

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

The freeze-out lasted less than one month, as Capello inserted Becks straight into the starting line-up vs Real Sociedad. He capped his return by scoring a goal with one of his famous free-kicks.

I don't think I've ever seen a more dysfunctional team in recent years (aside from maybe Hearts) than Real Madrid. The players seem as if they want nothing more than to see Capello get the sack. The president gave him a vote of confidence, and the team did beat Sociedad away, but the team is still inconsistent, and have now become boring to watch.

When you consider all the turmoil they had this year, it's a wonder that they're only five points off the top of the league.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

What ever else Beckham is, he is one of the most honest professionals in the game. His image and reputation is built on his integrity (much like McB).

I always hope he would come and spend a couple of years with us before retiring. I hope he plays, and with style, the rest of the season for Madrid, and then opens a can of whoop-ass on MLS.

I'm very pleased for him (although he is still only a very good player, not world class).