Reading v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFCinPCB, Nov 20, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

So Cookies playing it close to the vest. Not that I have any influence, but the crazy, hazy holidaze have taken hold and I'm sending 3-4-3 vibrations in my buddy Chris's direction:

----------------------------- Niemi -------------------------------

------ Rosenior ----------- Knight ----------- Queudrue -------

------------------- Volz ---------------- Diop --------------------
    --- Routledge ---------------------------------- Boa Morte -----

----- Helguson ------------- John ------------ McBride ---------

Bench:
    Jensen
    Bocanegra
    Radzinski
    Pearce
    Czech Keeper

Yep, I'm losing it, and this assumes Brown will still be unfit. But it's Reading, at home, and Coleman said he was going to change things up. So there.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Fulham v. Reading [R]

I'm hoping Brown returns. Here's what I would like to see.

----------Niemi-------------
    Volz---Pearce---Knight---Q
    Rosenior---Brown (Boca, if Brown is not ready)---Jensen---Routledge
    ----------HH----CJ---------

Subs:
    McBride (needs rest)
    Boa (needs to sit)
    Diop (ditto)
    Radz (I wouldn't mind him getting a start over Rosenior in my formation)
    Boca (I would like him to get a start in CB one of these games, but it won't happen.)
    Lastuvka (Niemi=Superhero)

As a lukewarm Reading fan, I'm hoping for a close game, but a Fulham victory.

COYWs!!!!!

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Re: Illiterates v. Fulham [R]

They must have to play Zat as a lone centre back. Hell, you must have been on the holiday sauce since summer!!!

I would guess we will play 4-5-1 again. I honestly do not think we have the personel to play 3 at the back with wing backs. Rosienior does not have the bulk, peace does not have the speed and Knight does not have the composure.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: Illiterates v. Fulham [R]

Perhaps my overreaching will make the 4-4-2 look more desireable to Cookie once he receives the vibes though.

Everyone knows only the Brazilians can pull off the 3-4-3.

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

RE: Re: Illiterates v. Fulham [R]

3-5-2 works quite well, but again you need 3 class centre backs. I think England could play it if they wanted, but not us.

Does anyone know when Brown is back? We are missing his agression in the middle.

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

While Reading is apparantly hurting so much at striker that they're looking at Eddie Johnson (At least I they must be hurting at striker if they're looking at him, Johnson isn't all that and a bag of chips), I worry about Kevin Doyle. From what I've seen, he's pretty good. Leaving him unpeturbed will spell eventually doom for Fulham.

I agree that Fulham needs to be agressive, but I think this is so regardless of the formation. Playing Collins John won't do, though. Throw the Iron Head and Helguson up top and let Rosy and Que bomb up the sides to feed them. Regardless of what Cookie chooses to do, this is most definitely a winnable game and Fulham should do what they can to earn 3. I will not be satisified with 1, I don't think the team should be satisifed with 1 either.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So Cookie says he is changing things around and keeping it all hidden. Last time he did this, we won AT Newcastle.

I was at Citeh, and I don't remember a single positive about this match...other than our fans. Fulhamish though, our team plays like rubbish and the fans just sing and sing. Thats the way it is though.

I like your line up Heather, but playing Liam at right midfield isn't too realistic and since he can't pass its not a good idea. Although its Fulhamish so he'll score two goals there!

This is the biggest game of the season for us, with the next three matches being against tough opponents, we need the points now.

COYW's

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I'll go with DCHeather's lineup, with a couple changes. Flip-flop Rosenior and Volz, then drop Volz for Radz. Done.

9. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

reading

If CC really means to change things up then playing Liam in midfield is one of those things to do, I suggested that a few weeks ago, he may not pass well but who does on this team, the one thing he does do is run and hustles, our midfiled right now is static, we have to many like players.

You can call Diop the wardrobe right now for two reasons one his big secondly he dont move, jensen strolls, Boca is a defender in midfielders clothing so is Volz, Volz is a good right back, and as played some good games there for us, its what he was signed for, Rads is not good enough, he will run and run but not a good midfield player, BM as lost it, he runs and does some good work but how many times does he go on those runs anymore, he strikes me as a player who had his day and knows it, and is just playing out his contract.

The guy i feel sorry for is McBride, you put him up front on his jack and ask him to run at scraps, is there anybody who watches Fulham, or as watched them on TV who does not know what he is good at, heading, so why if we all know that would you not put the ball in the middle in the air to him, no we play around with it before we decide to lose it, we saw what he can cause when we played Watford, if he dont score he causes trouble.

For me this teams trouble is midfield, two of the goals last week came from midfield screw ups the second goal was clearly a foul though, the first was Quedrue not getting up quick enough and the third was just a joke, we have 4 defenders and 5 midfielders and not one of them can pick up Joey barton!!!!!!!! Knight was shaken up on the cross thats a midfielders job to take the responsibilty to cover him.

No CC shake them up and go for it, I for one will applaud you even if we lose, i would rather see a Fulham team going for the win and losing, than the total garbage we have been watching even though you have been getting the points. Not even the most ardent of Fulham supporters could say watching Fulham over the past few weeks as been exciting.

10. sfm

sfm Member

RE: reading

Any other FUSA members from the States going to the next two matches?

11. GaryBarnettFanClub

According to BBC teletext Brown is expected to be fit for the Reading game.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Trying to shake things up by NOT suggesting lineups or predicting scores. I'll be there in front of the tube -- laptop turned on -- in me FUSA shirt sweating through the 90 with the rest of you.

COYW!!!

13. arwIII1970

arwIII1970 New Member

I should know this, but is this game on TV here in the States (FSC)?Obviously this is kind of the "American Derby" and I would like to see it.
    Otherwise, is everyone watching these games through their computer or Setanta...?
    Thanks.
    Alex

14. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It's on Fox Soccer Channel at 10 AM, I think.

Sadly, I can't watch most or all of the game as Rutgers-Syracuse is on at noon. It'll be my last game as a student and a win either keeps Rutgers' hopes alive to win the Big East (if they beat West Virginia) or guarantees them a spot in the Sun Bowl (if they lose to WV).

Either way, COYW!!!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

FSC 9 o'clock central time. Some of us will be multi-tasking in the chatroom.

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

I will be in Michigan so I will not be joining the chat group. :( I have it TiVo'ed and will watch it Saturday night or Sunday morning when I get home.

17. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Thank goodness for the tivo! lol

But Im predicting 2-1 Fulham

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

No score predictions?

I said at the start of the season Reading would have no trouble staying up, but that wasnt rocket science.

I say very close, Fulham outplayed again.. but a squeak-by win ..2-1

19. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Ian Pearce sent off, Kevin Doyle converts penalty. Reading up a man and a goal.

Oh great.

20. arwIII1970

arwIII1970 New Member

Odd match a bit, no?
    McBadAss has looked pretty good so far.
    Possessions have been poor by both.