Radzinski Shines for Canada

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by VonBilly, Mar 26, 2007.

1. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Canada’s Premier League stars prove too hot to handle

[​IMG]

Bermuda 0 Canada 3

Classy Canada cruised to a 3-0 crushing of Bermuda yesterday, powered by a goal apiece from English Premiership stars Tomasz Radzinski and Paul Stalteri.

The Canucks tore at Bermuda from the off with Julian DeGuzman coming close with a rasping drive which drew a corner.

Playing with a five-man midfield with Shaki Crockwell the lone striker, Bermuda kept their defensive shape for the opening moments with the visitors reduced to long-range efforts.

But with Houston Dynamo winger Dwayne De Rosario threatening down the left and Radzinski menacing down the other flank a goal never looked very far away.

With Canada dominant Atiba Hutchinson broke the deadlock in the 21st minute with a low drive after breaking in from the right.

The home side nearly equalised seconds later when an off-balance Ralph Bean poked the ball against the post after clashing with Canada keeper Lars Hirschfeld.

But it was one-way traffic after that with Radzinski chesting a long ball from Andrew Hainault past the keeper and then firing home from an angle.

Bermuda clawed their way back into the game for a brief spell.

A break from deep by Clevon Hill looked promising but petered out with a poor pass to Crockwell who had found space.

Stephen Astwood fired a fierce free-kick from distance which drew Bermuda’s first corner and moments later Astwood sent through a promising long pass but sluggish Bermuda forwards were unable to spot the possibilities quick enough.

The momentum then shifted back to the visitors. Radzkinski combined well with Stalteri on the right before the Tottenham defender blasted home after bursting into the box two minutes before the break. And it was one-way traffic from the restart. Radzkinski fired a couple of screamers over the bar.

Attacking at will Canada were unable to turn their second half possession into goals.

Bermuda had a temporary resurgence later on but it did little to fire up a subdue<\h>d crowd, a couple of hundred down on the usual international attendance, many of whom probably had half an ear on the cricket.

And the dominance quickly returned to the Canucks.

Hutchinson rattled the bar from long range while sub Josh Simpson hit the post five minutes from time with a shell-shocked Bermuda struggling to get out of their half.

Canada coach Stephen Hart said he wasn’t satisfied his side had made the most of its possession.

“We should have scored a lot of goals but we kept the ball well and moved it around. The players had a bit of difficulty with the very hard pitch.

“I will take the three-nothing result but we have to be more ruthless in front of goal.”

Bermuda manager Kenny Thompson said his side had suffered from concentration lapses. “At this level if you turn off, your opponent will make you pay.”

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks for the post, VB.

By the way, for those of you on VB's side of the pond, it's a shame you can't watch DeRosario on a regular basis. He's very very good.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Come on Radz....only one goal against Burwuga? I'm disappointed

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

De Rosario is very very good!!!

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Good to see my other country came up with a the goods to, but why our we playing Bermuda?

Saskatchewan alone has a population 17 times the size of Bermuda!

I think we need to test our selfs a bit more if were to make the hex this year.

Come on Canada!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If I lived in Canada, I'd rather have a road trip to Bermuda than say, Switzerland. :lol:

But your point is well taken.