[R] MLS Select at Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Aug 23, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Humbled 5-0 by the worlds best team. ermmm..worlds best collection of players, anyway.

Since I was home sick, and dont have FSC, I amused myself by watching the in-comments on BigSoccer

Fans are the same the world over, the rants, the breastbeating... threatening Don Garber's life....

The result, to say nothing of the timing of the fixture, might have been better but it was STILL a good idea for MLS.

Onward and Upward, footie fans!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Horrible result....Moreno is sidelined for who knows how long? UGH!

I liked the idea, but it was scheduled at the wrong time. The players just finished a weekend of games, plus most of them had WCQ games prior. Wrong time to schedule an international friendly across the otherside of the atlantic.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: [R] MLS Select at Real Madrid

Agreed. I didn't get to catch the whole game, but the team definitely looked tired. Given their busy schedule of games, I don't think they were able to spend much time in Spain acclaimating to the time difference.

What surprised me is that Landon Donovan(tm) actually made the flight. I remember him taking a stand a few weeks ago about having a full schedule and not wanting to go. The crazy thing is, this is one time I have agreed with him this year! I guess Don Garber must have reminded him that of all the things that the league has done for him this past year.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: [R] MLS Select at Real Madrid

According to one BS participant, the RM (or some spanish lang) commentator brought up those facts in reference to the poor showing... like I say, it's good work on Garber's part; he has the league to think about and LONG TERM - not just 'showing face'.

It no more reflects on MLS than the AllStar game did on Fulham.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: [R] MLS Select at Real Madrid

Exactly what I was thinking...