Q.P.R. Is Coming!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Lyle, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think so, too. I've never been in England when we were both in the top flight. I saw several matches at Shepherd's Bush. I always liked the ground, and the home fans were a decent bunch to a couple or three Americans who were nuts about football [this is the early 70s]. I saw a memorable QPR v ManU match there.

Their promotion also have the benefit of being a local derby we could actually expect somethng from.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I hate QPR more than I hate Chelsea. Them coming up is not good for us. They will be another Fulham (if not better with the amount of money they have) plus they could be the team pipping players for us.

Their fans are scum...and if you ask any of their real fans who they feel about Briattore, they'll tell you he is an ass. Nothing like hiking ST prices by 50-100% and then making a statement like, "With out me, there wouldn't be a QPR"

May they rot.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yeah, I'm nervous about them coming up as well... because they could pass Fulham by and Fulham could become the team in the lower leagues.

I am also worried about Fulham and QPR attempting to merge or ground/share. Briatore and Al Fayad are good friends. Briatore was sitting next to Al Fayad at the Birmingham game. I imagine it wouldn't happen because of the anger it would cause, but I bet they have or are thinking about it.

5. americanmike

QPR owe us for their existence as well.

1.) We paid them to play in the craphole Loftarse road and they were in dire need of funds.

2.) We paid over the odds for Lee Cook and it staved off administration for them until their 'savior' Briatore.

Briatore wants them to be a global brand and Champions league contenders at the expense of their real fans but who knows how far he will go. If he goes as far as Al Fayed and they hit mid table mediocrity them we now find a major rival, down the road who is contending for the same players as us.

But who cares eh?! WE ARE FULHAM and we have class.

Two things they'll never be.

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

All that and Craven Cottage. We shouldn't show any fear though if they do become a success. Cause like you said, Fulham is better than them.

I'm pretty sure they'll go up this year or next. They're putting together a nice looking squad at the moment.

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

8. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Mike, I have to admit my ignorance and just ask whether it's OK to hate QPR because they are a poseur-Chelsea right about now?

Are you Reading? Are you Reading? Are you Reading in disguise?

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Gesssh Mikey your so accommodating and genteel with your neighbors over there.

But yeah Flav is a jerk, on the real. Followers of F1 have known it for quite a while. Look at what he did to Heidi Klum. Awful thing to do to anyone, but come on Heidi Klum! Seal's gain anyhow :3d footy:

And thank god we've got MAF.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the shirts looked a lot better on those Gulf Air flight attendents yesterday on Sky Sports News.

For those new to English fitba, don't be hating on a team because they've got a billionaire sugar daddy and they have more money to throw around than others in their league. Everybody in the lower divisions hated Fulham for the same reasons in the first 4-5 years of MAF.

Mikey, what has happened in recent years with the QPR supporters to turn you against them so? I remember them as a lot more fun and accomodating than Spurs and Arsenal supporters -- other grounds I saw more than one match in -- and especially more so than WH and Millwall supporters. Of course, you might have been in diapers then -- 71-75.

Whazzup? Do you hate their supporters more than, say, West Ham's?

11. americanmike

Ask any Fulham supporter in London what we call QPR fans and they will answer 'the Bitters'. Ever since Fulham rose from the ashes QPR has been jealous. They were, at one time, the best team in London (way back when of course) and most of their fans feel they have a God given right to be a big club. It's worse than the blue poo up the road.

They are bitter about us, bitter about Chelsea...you see where I'm going.

One of my best friends in England, Spencer (known for his antics on the offal board as Fat Freddy's Cat) lives in a very bad area of north west london which is full of QPR. I've seen first hand that they are idiots. A few of them were telling me the other week that they hope to smash up Loftus Road if they ever move from there because it would be 'fun'. Mind you, they were guys in their 40's and 50's!

Enough about QPR...I refuse to talk about them any further on my favorite holiday of the year!

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

fair dinkum, Mikey. Enjoy the day.

13. americanmike

You too Don! My first July 4th in three years and Katy's first!

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

having, at one time, been married to a Brit, I offer you two words of advice for tomorrow: SUN SCREEN! Those "peaches and cream" complexions need protection from our beachside sun!

15. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Aaaah, I think I understand where QPR is coming from. They are like the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL. They are in a big city, they have a "history" that their fans still feel makes them relevant as a big team (and therefore dislike it when "non-traditional teams" become great), they have money, and they've sucked eggs for the pretty much the entire last few decades.

Unfortunately, the weather is cloudy with a decent chance of showers today.