Pundits' Predictions

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Aug 7, 2007.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I know we've discussed this, but practically all the pundits have voiced their opinions. It seems a lot of them are unsure, but two of note say that this season will be worse than last.

Bobby McMahon on FSR said we'll finish 18th and havent improved at all, and Howard Rogers of WSD says we'll be terrible, horrible, and other bad things.

So what should we make of this? Are these pundits (and I'm sure there are others out there) simply parachuting into the team and snap-shot surveying it, or are they onto something?

I'm beginning to worry.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A couple of thoughts:

1. If you ain't worrying, you ain't Fulham.

2. Did we become a worse club because you read those two blogs?

It's a bumpy ride ahead, dude. Strap yourself down!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Pundits

Don't put much stock into what the pundits say. Remember this....when these people put together their season previews they probably do the Fulham one in about five minutes. Thus, they do NOT put all that much thought into it.

I respect Bobby McMahon a lot, but I think he is wrong about this one. I can't see how a pundit can say Fulham has NOT improved this offseason. That to me is just lunacy. Eight new players, competition for all positions and a new manager. Sounds like a recipe for change and new things at the club.

Perhaps the team lacks some world class players, but this team will be a big improvement over last season's.

Finally....as Fulham fans, be prepared to hear the worst case scenarios from pundits and experts. Fulham is tipped to be near or in the relegation zone every season. To hear something different would be weird to be honest with you.

Don't get down about what these people say. Let the on field performances be the judge. I feel this team will do just fine. I have faith in what has been done this summer and other Fulham fans should too.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

RE: Pundits

Who gives a toss what one pundit thinks, he gets payed big bucks to GUESS just like us we have no clue as to what this season holds, Like Don said it's going to be a bumpy ride, Fulham has many new players and as always it will have it's up's and down's.

After all that's why we supprot Fulham isn't it?

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Last night on FSC Report they introuduced Fulham as "one of the best supported clubs in North America, a very active supporters club" Bobby Mchmanon in the back ground "yes, yes"

They then predicted us to get relegated. But look at how it looks to a cynical neutral........

IN
    Kamara- Championship, unproven
    Baird- Championship, unproven
    Healy- Championship, uproven
    Cook- Championship, unproven
    Leijer- Australia, unproven
    Davis- Villa castoff
    Hughes- Villa squad player
    Konchesky- West Ham squad player

OUT
    Jensen- very talented, one of the best players, granted he was always injured
    Montella- biggest scoring threat
    Routledge- consistant starter
    Heleguson- squad player
    Brown- Captian, heart of the squad
    Quedrue- consistant starter

I'm more optimistic than this but I can see why they'd pick us to go down. Our signings are risky and if at least half of them don't pan out we will go down, no question.