Pretty sure this fits in the Fulhamish category

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jreid19, Apr 16, 2010.

1. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    I've been planning on ordering some items from the club shop for weeks. Sent a couple emails to them but never heard back. So I went ahead and ordered the items I didn't have a question on, the 3 Europa League scarves, Juve, Wolfsburg, and Hamburg. Unfortunately, I didn't put my state in on the shipping address because well they didn't have an option for it. After realizing this I send another email asking to update the shipping address with my date. The following is the email correspondence;

Sent Tuesday...
    Name: Jason Reid

Phone / Email: **********

Client ref:*******

Postcode: *****

Problem type: Other

Problem description: On my order placed 13th April 2010, receipt #*********. The shipping address should read as follows; blah blah blah blah blah blah New York ***** Sorry for the miscommunication, please update the order if possible. Thank You

Received today...
    Hi Jason.

If you could please take your confirmation to the ticket office, they can reprint your match tickets for you.

Kindest regards,

N*****

N***** B****

SUPPORTER RELATIONS ASSISTANT

FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB TRAINING GROUND | MOTSPUR PARK | SURREY | KT3 6PT

TEL: +44 (0) 870 442 1222

I responded by thanking them for the response and repeating my request. Hopefully they can add my state or it will be added automatically when they see the zip code. Just found it a bit amusing.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good luck getting your order Jason, sounds like it'll be awhile to straighten it out. You had to think for a second..'I wonder if the tickets are for Hamburg?'

3. jreid19

jreid19 Member

I'm not worried that I won't get it, most shipping systems will recognize postal/zip codes and suggest cities/states. But I am now convinced that the Icelandic volcano with not only effect the game against Hamburger but also my Semi-Final scarf from reaching me in a timely manner. I think if i did get tickets for the Hamburger match I would laugh for quite awhile.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

They clearly think that you are talking about tickets for some reason and not merchandise or did you place both? I would try and use the number for the club shop from the contact page and see who you can talk to about internet orders. Phone cards are pretty cheap these days. Might be easier just to get someone on the line. If you are talking about a ticket, just go to the ticket office a day ahead of time and have them print them for you. Easy!

5. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

jreid19 - Whe you contacted them, did you go through the online store, or a link on your e mail receipt? I was supposed to be in London this past weekend and had ordered tickets weeks ago. When my flight was cancelled, I went through a link on the e mail receipt, and even though I asked if a friend in London could have them (a season ticket holder, no less), they quickly refunded my money. They even commented on the situation over there and my being stuck in the US - so they clearly read my e mail. They could not have been nicer. Maybe it goes to a different office depending on which source you get a contact e mail from.

6. jreid19

jreid19 Member

I don't have a home phone anymore, just a cell. Which won't allow me to call, I tried. Will a phone card allow me to call using my cell? As for the emails, they all use the same address; enquiries@fulhamfc.com. My first emails were through the shop online. The above email, IIRC, was sent from my order email because thats where I noticed I hadn't included my state.
    The other problem that may be holding my order is the Hamburger scarf because its a Pre-Order...
    They keep moving the delivery date back. Originally it was the 16th, then today the 20th, and now its listed as Thursday the 22nd.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

International calling card.

As far as the cell company knows, you're just calling an 800 # and that's all they care about.... That they wont get billed for the transatlantic call.

8. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Good to know petty, thanks for the info. I'll probably give them a ring if I don't see any movement after the release date/Icelandic fiasco blows over.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

Well I finally ordered this years home kit. I receive a notice from the Royal Mail that a package could not be delivered because of insufficient postage. I actually had to go down to the post office and pick up the tab that Fulham were supposed to have paid (£3.69). Now I believe that is Fulhamish. Fayed can take my donation to the club and spend it in the transfer market I guess.

10. jreid19

jreid19 Member

That is awful. Mind you I still haven't seen or heard a peep about my order. Even after responding to the erroneous ticket email. I am now starting to get worried and may have to get a calling card to call them later this week. I can't remember if I received a shipping confirmation the last time I ordered from them. But don't worry they've had my cash now for 2 weeks. I'm going to send yet another email right now I think.

11. jreid19

jreid19 Member

So I was finally able to call yesterday, since Monday was a Bank Holiday. They were able to tell me that my order did ship and gave me a tracking number through Royal Mail. I'm hoping it comes this week.

12. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Well after being forced to travel via boat because of the volcano and then having to clear customs. My package has just arrived. Yahoooo!! Now which scarf to wear to work on Wednesday?

13. jmh

jmh New Member

If it's as chilly in Buffalo as it is in NYC today, you could wear all three.