Preseason match vs. QPR announced...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Jun 4, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

could this mean that we have signed one or maybe more of their players and have agreed to a friendly match at their place as part of the deal?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

This is going to be an interesting one and I'm said I will probably miss it (plan on returning to NY with the missus for a trip). This one will be taken seriously by both sets of fans considering they are a local rival and probably closer to us in performance and fan base than Chelsea.

When we were coming up the leagues we did not make them happy, I promise you that.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yeah i've heard about the rivalry. too bad those jokers barely avoided relegation into the League 1 last year. :)

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, we played a friendly at Luton last year and all their quality players went to Birmingham, Sunderland, and Derby -- not to us. Hmmm, what do those three teams have in common.

And re-Mike's comments about "not being loved" as we charged up the divisions, in THOSE days, the rich man's toy filled with high-priced talent nobody else could afford ... was Fulham. Lot's of fans resented the Cottagers then.

But now we're poor and loveable again. :twisted:

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Re: RE: Preseason match vs. QPR announced...

Damn, Mike! And they were already chatting it up on the Offal and/or TFI about how this may be your "Green Street" opportunity.

Somehow, the Firm will have to manage without you...