Premiership = Greed

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by timmyg, Feb 12, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

There's a lot to cut and paste, but just follow this link and read away.

The Offside has been quite good to me, but I may have to take a blogging hiatus until I can, if ever, accept this nonsense.

ps: Pfog, you may wanna remove that Swansea and FA Cup badge on the left sidebar before they come after this site!

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Aaaah yes, good ol' intellectual property. They may be right. And it's not what the site is using the crest for that so much matters. The real question, or part of the question, may be does the site make money....for profit.

Also, Premiership (or any other intellectual property owner) MUST police their property to legally make a claim to it. Otherwise, the intellectual property loses its value. Welcome to the world of dilution.... and Mickey Mouse.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Fair use!!! Fair use!!!

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

That would be my argument. It's for educational purposes.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Tom and I received a couple of letters over the years from them when we used to have a Fulham matchday calendar which had every match on it, home and away and every significant happening relating to Fulham.

NetResult got in touch saying we needed to pay a fee for the use of the EPL fixture list.

As for the badges, the Fulham ones we are obviously fine. As for the other ones, none of them are hosted on this site and I'll away yet another email from NetResult.

Dont' take it personally would be my advice...it's crap but what can ya do.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Also, if you like, I will put in writing that you are allowed to use the Fulham Crest (old and new).

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ouch.

You've stumbled across my dissatisfaction with every American sports league too.

Damn.

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I remember the fixture list issue, but that seemed to die down quickly so I suspect this will too.

I wonder if its ok to use bad mspaint renderings of logos?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Premiership = Greed

Clutch, yet again AmMike.

And yes that would be wonderful.

10. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Use the proper Fulham crests, but I kinda like the above for the other clubs.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Here, here. Those crests are awesome. Nicely done, richardhkirkando.