Prayers finally answered

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Dec 15, 2011.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It has taken a huge load off my heart and soul to see the last of the US military leaving Iraq today. As a Vietnam veteran, I took the Iraq War personally. If felt like our entire Vietnam expeirnce was for nothing. Since day one I have agonized over every battle, every bombing, every casualty.

There will be a candle of thanksgiving for the return to their homes and families for every many and woman who served in that nightmare of a country in the last few months. I'm so glad they're home for Christmas.

God bless the warriors who stand on the front lines for us all.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Didnt realize they'd all come home. It was wrong from the start. Thank god they're home and thanks for posting about it Don. I miss the days when we shared some ideas and opinions. COYW!

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

God bless everyone that served in Iraq. And happy holidays! Thank you

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Glad to echo your sentiments Don (and thank you for your service). That being said, I'm acquainted with a young lance corporal who's just returned to Afghanistan for his second tour there. Unfortunately, the war on terror may never truly be over, so a huge shout out to this generation of volunteers who sacrifice much to keep us safe and free. Welcome Home Iraq Vets! And thanks for a job well done!

5. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

First of all, THANK YOU DON AND ALL OUR ARMED SERVICES FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE!!!
    I have always made a concerted effort to thank any military person I have come in contact with out of the deepest respect for their service.
    I'm happy to announce, to our group, that on 3-31-12 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway there will be, a long overdue, welcome home Vietnam Veterans event.
    Whether you were ordered by your government to a just or unjust cause, you all did your duty, and for that, I say, "THANK YOU!
    http://charlottechristianpatriot.blogsp ... ation.html

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Can never thank the men and women that serve us all enough.