Portsmouth the next Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Jacob, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 577494.stm

Here we go again. :shock:

I wonder if they can spend enough money to pull themselves out of the relegation zone.. Thoughts?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This will be interesting to see unfold. I am guessing somehow Harry will keep this team afloat and not get relegated. If that is the case, I expect a major injection of cash and players into the club. I do not expect it to be quite like Abramovich, but there will be money to throw around on this new owner's behalf.

It is kind of scary because I have always looked at Pompey as a team that was always worse than Fulham. That being said, if money is thrown in as reported, the team will move above Fulham and perhaps into a top ten contender and perhaps even more in the next few seasons.

Remember this though, the south coast of England is not as glamorous a destination as London. They will have a harder time convincing players to come there than Chelsea did.