Please Remove....

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Mar 24, 2010.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

our collective heads from up our Fulham ass.

Yes, it was an historic win against Juve. But, last I checked we are still below 40 points and have not gotten a League win in over a month. And it was a disgusting result today to the yids.

If we can't get our shit together for Saturday's match against Hull, we should start being concerned.

(Busy schedule, I know, but that is an excuse. Why not more Dempsey today?!?!)

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Creative argument. That month of which you speak consisted of two whole league matches. At United and home for El-Citeh, both losses.

February saw us go 3-2-0 taking 11 pts from 5.

The next 5, @ Hull, v Wigan, @ Liverpool, v Stoke & v Wolves.

Sorry about your head, that must be terribly uncomfortable.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

:lol:

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the Demps argument...and I don't believe I'm too much of a homer in stating he should ALWAYS be on the pitch when healthy. The club simply looks better with him on the pitch and has for the past 1.5 years...that said, I didn't see how he did today, but I saw the scoreline.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Uhm, are you sure you're not referring to Spurs fans? My head sure wasn't stuck up any arse.

And who cares if we don't win 3-0 at Hull. The league is basically signed, sealed, delivered.

I'd really like to see Roy give some PT to some youth while give others a break.

6. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

The bar has been raised. No more settling for less than what we can deliver on a good day. Or, we can be complacent and find ourselves back in relegation competition before we know it.

Have some pride and expectations.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Go support Celtic with your expectations and such. We should be happy with where we are and shouldn't demand more.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

WB, I totally agree w/raising expectations, but to be fair the squad, as currently constituted, has far exceeded them. They are 14 points above the drop and will not be dragged into any kind of relegation fight. They are still alive in Europe, and played Spuds even for 165 of the 180 minutes (as everyone has said, the lads needed to take care of business the first leg). All of this with a small squad that has been hit with major injuries. The one thing that needs to be addressed is the inability to win away. However, Wolfsburg is a week away, and for me those are the two most important games of the season. Roy needs to plan accordingly w/the Hull game sandwiched between last night and next Thursday.

9. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Hmmmm... I want to see the club kick on and do whatever it can to continue to push forward. People have a whole summer to recover. We are only talking what - 7 more league matches... Maybe it is 8?

Roy is a winner and I am sure that the thought to flip the selector into neutral is not being entertained.

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

That from someone who has "FORZA INTER" as their tag line and is known for multiple less than optimistic opinions about FFC.

Or were you being funny?

11. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Check out this picture of Roy - hillarious. One thing about sky - you can always count on them to post the worst picture they can find.

[​IMG]

12. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Give him a pointy hat and beard and he is Gandolf!

13. SoCalJoe

24 and funny don't mix, but was he being sarcastic? yes

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

:sigh: As I've posted before.

The BEST Fulham can get this season is 9th; the worst we'll get is 12th. Does it really matter which we get?

We're not going to capitulate any games, but I also don't see the point in getting on ourselves for not getting perfect results right now. We've played more games than any other Premier League team and are in the Quarter Finals of the Europa League.

Really, quarter-finals in both the FA Cup and Europa League and a 9th-12th finish, who's going to really complain? We have AGAIN exceeded expectations. We're like a small mid-major that made the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament TWO years in a row; are you really going to complain that we didn't make the Final Four!?!?

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I said this before -- is 50 points still too much to hope for? I really would like to see it, starting with three from the stain on the earth that is Hull this weekend.

16. SoCalJoe

Andy as far as the 9th versus 12th difference, I remember Gary Barnett Fan Club (where is Stu these days anyway?) informing us that there is a monetary slot for each table position. In the grand scheme of things no it doesn't matter (with all the extra games somewhere in the 9th-12th range would be quite good), but monetarily I think the difference would be around 2 million pounds.

17. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Not to mention, we were getting precipitously close to a Cup-Double. You think history has been made so far, that little bit would have been magic. Would have liked to have seen us be more ambitious in the FA Cup. Never have understood getting that far and then mailing it in.

18. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

LOL! We hardly "mailed it in" in the FA Cup - we just got beaten by a better team. Keep in mind their 3 subs have a higher salary than our starting 11 combined.

Perspective, people!

19. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Good god Andy you really are asking far too much! :wink:

I thought Fulham put in a very good first 25 minutes and a decent next 20 minutes before the wheels fell off the wagon for the last 45. I will tip my hat to Spurs, applaud Fulham and hope for a better match tomorrow.

20. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The possible finish is probably more in the 9-14th place range. Five places is a little more significant financially. With potential Europe money on the line by winning either the Europa or FA titles, you had a greater potential windfall.

While winning the Europa title is unlikely, I'd still say throw as much as you can at it unless the losses in league play continue. We have more winnable games in the next 5 than we do in the last 3.

Either way, we're looking at less fixture congestion and more contributing players than we had a month ago so we should be okay in the league.