Please, please,pleeeeeeeeeeeeease...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Mar 26, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

... let the Toon get relegated!! :twisted: :lol: :D

This just in -- Mike Ashley has no class.

Their last eight -- v CCCFC, @ Stoke, @ Spurs, v Portsmouth, @ Liverpool, v Boro, v Fulham, @ Villa. They're on 29 points and I see, at the most, 6 points out of their runout. That and the halfassed way they defended against Arsenal ain't gonna get the job done.

And ooooooh, if we go to St James and get a result to send them into the CCC... I just might explode. :banana:

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that you might not be Newcastle's biggest fan.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Neither the Spuds nor the Bar Codes will be relegated.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

This has the makings of a friendly internet wager...

Maybe I am letting my disdain for them cloud my judgement. WB, you're right -- the constant bad soap opera, overratexd fans, constant moaning, how much their fans overrate them, and my enjoying the fact that there are over 30 teans that have won a pot since they did are only the tip of the iceberg as to why, after CCCFC and Juve, they are my least favorite team in the world.

Don, JK won't be back for 3 more games, as I understand. Hughton isn't cutting it, he's a nice man who is in over his head. I don't see one point for them in the next three games and then they are in a baaaad way. Ditto their game v Liverpool and @ Villa, who will want to finish the season strong and beat up on a team that looks like they are quitting.Maybe at Stoke, but Stoke is a tough out in their barn and I see Stoke with a W there. Did you see Coloccini get beat by Nasri on the third goal? He was walking after his man beat him!!! Walking!! How many managers would have pulled him right there. There's a lot wrong in the team at Newcastle an it couldn't hapen to a more deserving bunch.

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

With as tight as the bottom is right now, I wouldn't even bet on WBA being relegated this season. It only takes a moment of brilliance or a moment of idiocy to create a 6 point swing.

Just remember our own club last year....

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

St James's Park, largest stadium in the Cola League....would be music to my ears. Actually, largest stadium in the Blue Square Prem would be ideal, but that ain't happening.

I'm with Steve. If we can send them down with that match, I'll be as euphoric as after the ManU win.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

oooooooooooh, no love for Toon Town!

Newcastle and Spurs have too much money, talent, and experience is all I'm saying. WBA, Stoke, 'boro, Sunderland, Pompey, and even Hull and Bolton seem more likely candidates.

At this point, I still like WBA, Stoke, and Blackburn. I'D LOVE to see Bolton go down, but it might not happen.

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am not sure why Spurs is even being mentioned here. Perhaps you are thinking Uefa Cup? The two can be confusing - I know...

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Cute. Well, sorta

the "I still say the Barcodes and Spuds" reference is to the fact that there have been several threads dealing with the relegation possibilities of both clubs. You're right, Jensers, despite all the concerted efforts of Juande Ramos and the board that hired him and then transferred away all their goalscorers, Spuds will stay up. All it took was a little tapping up of the Prem's Wideboy-in-Chief to turn things around.

Newcastle, like Spurs, have depth and resources [and plenty of experience in skating very close to the edge of corporate respectability], but they have an idiot for an owner and a board that is composed of several guys named Larry, Curly, and Mo. They'll survive because the former should outweigh the latter, and because they always are sure they're great while several sides believe that they are weaker. It is sad, though, that there are those who think that their chances are weakened because Joke In Ear isn't on the sidelines drawing bans or doing interviews on the BBC alienating his own players.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, maybe on the basis of this news, I'll be a little less certain about Toon Town's survival.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 975700.stm

Steve, we'll have the song ready in plenty of time for May.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Shearer?!?

Oh for fuck's sake (pardon my language).

WGAF!!!!!!!

SHUT UP SHEARER!! SHUT UP NEWCASTLE!! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!

For the love of all that is holy, why should anyone care except the pathetic and deluded CarToon Army. Shearer hasn't coached anything higher than a U11 side. But hey, he'll be just the man to lead the prison striped lemmings right into 19th place.

I wrote a little on the blog about it. I swear on all of my hope that the CarToon get relegated, that I wrote it a week ago and was waiting for the right moment to publish it.

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Someone mentions WAGs...oops, wrong thread, leaving...

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

They are a disaster of a club, but I don' think they're going down.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hold on.... let's separate player from club here. We all hate Toon, but I have nothing against Shearer... other than he was a no-show at Crew Stadium about 9 years ago.

He IS the player our local hero is most compared to, is he not?

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I had no problem with Shearer until he retired. I thought he was a good, classic English centre-forward and he never gave less than everything he had.

Since he's hung them up, his "maybe not now, maybe later" has dogged every manager they have had. I don't think he's half the quality off the pitch as he was on, and I dont think he'll connect with these players, most of whom must be sick to death of being compared to him negatively.

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Not in my neck of Ohio.

He's the asleep at the wheel patriarch of Bad Soap Opera FC. "Daaaah, I'll get licensed to coach as soon as I can get off my old butt to do it. Say, I did somehting constructive today. I emptied my wastebasket. Hey, as long as the hysterical BSOFC fans sing my name. Wait, we could get relegated, Oh S**t!"

THis is probably not interesting to anyone but me, but in high school I had a crush on a girl with the first initial A and the last name of Shearer.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Actually, I'm surprised it's even interesting to you!

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ouch! Steve takes it in the solar plexus from Don.

19. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I don't have anything against the Geordies, especially one of them is family and a good guy.

But what I dislike about the club is it's management, many of its fans who think they are the best in the world and the media they say they are the best in the world blah, blah blah...oh and their away end...crap.

As for an away trip, it is always good.

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Winless since 7 Feb, when WBA were gracious enough to provide their presence...

A whopping three points out of 24 since then...

The best coaching mind ever to come out of NE England...

An overload of calls to suicide centers on Tyneside...

Getting ready to host Pompey, who have righted the ship and are on a five match unbeaten run...

Great Grits and Gravy! I am hoping this keeps up. 16 May is a red letter day in my house.