PL Manager of the Year

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Jensers, May 7, 2010.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Should have gone to Roy.

I am (yikes) agreeing with a lot of gooners by saying this, but it is the truth... Roy does more with less.

That being said - it is 'Premier League' manager of the year and not 'Manager of the Year.'

Spurs were in a terrible situation (in the PL) when he took over so there is that.

But, in addition to Europe, Roy has led a little club into the top half, has them playing consistently with a smaller squad and a cheaper wage bill...

Should have gone to Roy.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

This is based solely on what you do in the EPL, and in that regard yes 'Arry did better than Roy.

But I still maintain that if Ancelotti does the double I think he'll get manager of the year. Which is bullshit.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

ugh, I feel sick

5. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Ol' Twitchy is not undeserving. But getting more out of less, it's Roy.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Actually this season in particular has been good for British managers..

Redknapp
    Roy
    M O N
    McLaren

You could even throw Moyes into that mix for Everton's 'recovery'