Pettyfog Goes to Game

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Sep 27, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Testing my theory on feigned indifference, I found my way to near-sold out Crew Stadium last night. Sadly the tickets were sold to those who wanted to watch Beckham play in person and typically, Beckham was a no-show.

Since I had watched Fulham play earlier, I figured WTH.. maybe the Crew will win even if I go. There were plenty of tix available in the lot, due to the threat of rain and I got in cheap.

And to my dismay, I found that Coach Bobby, just to make things fair, had benched GBS, Rogers, and Moreno.. adding them to Chad Marshall who has a niggler.

No fears... the Crew made up for it by starting two guys for the first time in their MLS careers, Kevin Burns - who previously served as a practice dummy, and Emilio Renteria - just picked up from Central America.

And, of course, if Moreno doesnt start, that usually means Stevie Lenhart does. Lenhart who I had mentioned in the Chatroom as the kind of player Roy needs to up goal production showed why again last night.

Renteria gathered up a long cleared ball, raced to the goal and fired it off the keeper's palm. Lenhart was charging in while this was going on and toed the ball right in.

[​IMG]
    Wild and Crazy Guy - see! He defends, TOO!

Crew wins 2-0 {dos a cero} to take sole lead to SS and open up a lead on the Fire. Eddie Gaven had the GWG.
    Contrary to those who believe GBS isnt really needed anymore, the reality is that all these guys have picked up on GBS game attitude. Helps that Bobby Warzycha seems to have kept the players - all 23 uvvem - happy and inspired.

Sigi and Bruce might vie for MLS COY, but they would be MOY if selected. It's Bobby who is the actual COACH of the year. When's the last time you saw no arguing on a team MB about the boss' sub tactics? That's what it is on the Crew BS board.