Pavel Pogrebnyak - Fulham's new number 7.

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Feb 1, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

:lol:

I love it. While you could say the whole "you have to laugh or you would cry" Here's is to many many goals!!! :banana-dance:

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

SC, is 7 the over/under on how many goals Pog is going to score in his Fulham career? :whistle:

I hope you are right of course, and glad to see someone take the glass is half full approach.

3. SCFulhamFan

Per Jol from the Official page:

"He [Pogrebnyak] hasn't got the work permit but he will hopefully be in the country at the end of the week. Hopefully not too late to be involved [against Stoke] and we hope for Thursday but it could be Friday."

Let's hope for Thursday and not Friday.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

First he needs his Visa to leave Germany, now a work permit. If and when he gets the permit, we'll probably learn he has a groin strain. After that's finally healed, he'll get in his first game sometime around May when we will learn he's really not a forward but prefers to play on the wing.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

At least we have Trotta? :?

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Mo knows Fulham.

7. MisterF

MisterF New Member

:laughing-rolling:

8. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

One things for certain, if he sucks then we won't average more than one goal per match. I hope he's good, but in the words of Charles Barkley I doubt it.

9. SCFulhamFan

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[​IMG]

BEAST!!! :lol:

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

He speaks.
    http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/February/PogrebnyakExclusive.aspx
    Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... z1lu8Pdl3r

12. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Found this interesting. He's still been pretty impressive despite the adjustment.

Fulham striker Pavel Pogrebnyak 'exhausted' by Premier League pace

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...-pavel-pogrebnyak-exhausted-by-premier-league

13. SCFulhamFan

Signs of good things to come!

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

5 goals in 3 games :eek: Take a bow SC, you called it and the rest of us are riding the wave. PPPOOOGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

15. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Indeed. I'm not sure even Pavel himself could've imagined this kind of start. If he and Demps stay in current form, it could be an interesting run up to the end of the season...

~ Steve

16. SCFulhamFan

He just keeps getting better. Hope we can secure him for a reasonable price.

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I believe they said on the broadcast that he is the first player in Fulham history to score in each of his first three games.

18. SCFulhamFan

They did! They also said he was only one of three Russians to score a hat trick in the prem. Yea. He's kinda a big deal.

19. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Perhaps the larger question (not that we particularly care here in our little corner of cyberspace) is who dropped the ball at Stuttgart? It just goes to show how hugely imperfect and unreliable someone's scouting can be.

Don't really care, just an observation. Wonder if somebody at Stuttgart lost their job over this guy. And darn glad we've got him, at least for now.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

He's been a player at Stuttgart for 3 years, starting in 2009. And in 68 league appearances he scored 15 goals. He's just hasn't done great at Stuttgart, sometimes a player needs to move on to another team and league to do well.

He hasn't exactly faced really tough competition yet. Stoke so far has been the biggest challenge. It would probably be wise to wait just a few more games before offering him a contract. So far he's done what he needed to do to convert his chances and seems to fit in with the squad. Pog definitely seems to be enjoying his time with Fulham, and I hope he continues to do so.