Our Heroes vs the evil dog tracker commie scum

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Feb 24, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

On paper, I fear another heroic effort resulting in no points thanks to a cruel last minute goal by one of the rat bastards named John Terry or Frank Lampard. Don't know what the score will be, just got a feeling that they'll win by one, late, lucky goal.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

First, I must applaud that title, good stuff.

Next, Chelsea will probably give the Whites a thorough beat down 3 or 4 to nil.

However, this match is a throw away in escaping relegation b/c there's 10 or so more remaining in which to gain points.

COYW

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

On the positive side:
    They play midweek in Turkey.
    They have not been impressive offensively this season, scoring just 16 in their last 10.
    They only managed to beat us 2-0 at the Dog Track earlier this season and in the last 8 years, have only done the double on us once (2009/10).
    Magath won't let the team be awed by them, referring to them as "only Chelsea" following the WBA match.

On the negative side:
    From those same 10 matches, they've conceded just 3 goals.
    They are 8-2-0 in their last 10 with 7 clean sheets.
    They haven't lost in the league since Dec 7th.
    We haven't beaten them since Mar 19th, 2006.

So there's a chance we can sneak up on them and historically speaking, a draw would actually be the most likely result since they've already beaten us this season. In the 8 seasons prior, we've gone 0-1-1 against Chelsea 6 times. In the other 2 seasons, we drew twice (11/12) and lost twice (09/10). I seriously doubt we can take more than a point off of them, but it's not impossible, and wouldn't surprise me.

While I'm still concerned with our fitness, I think the Cottage faithful can lift the boys' energy and help them see out a 1-1 draw.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

What the heck, I'll say we're going to win. They got lucky vs Everton so it's time for them to be unlucky. The special one and the other scum will also be over confident and unable to get sufficiently fired up to play the leagues's celler dwellers.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I feel a bit more confident with the current gaffer than I did under his predecessors. I'd loooove a godawful 0-0.

That said, are there any fans or pubs in Memphis? Will be travelling this weekend

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I love my fellow Texan's optimism, but we're going to get creamed. Of the two, I'm sure that The Special One wants to beat Arsenal to the title more than they want to beat Bayern to the Champions League. They're going to throw everything at us and they are VERY VERY good. Imagine being so good you can let your two-time player of the year go to a competitor for the title.

Nah, I can't imagine it either.

I'm guessing 4-0

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure who or how we can score, so would gladly take that 0-0 Timmy is hoping for. Hugo and Metroglue don't exactly inspire confidence, and Felix must be a nightmare for Bent and the spare tire he carries around.

8. tim

tim Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I think we're better with Bent. But to Joe's point, hard to see Magath putting him out there.

My fear, because this has happened far too many times, is we set up camp hoping to eke out a 0-0 result. The Scum is too talented; they will break us down at least once, and if it happens, say, in the 70th minute or so, we'll be too tired to go after a goal.

So why not actually try to play them? We're probably going to lose anyway, so as long as the GD doesn't get completely out of hand, let's get out there, show some spirit, and at least give the faithful something to cheer.

9. nevzter

Good stuff, SCJ, and considering the wheels have all but come off, the spare tire could be quite useful. COYW!

10. AggieMatt

I just don't see Chelsea putting that many goals on the board. They only put 2 in against us at the Bridge. If we can hold them to one, I think it's possible we can find a way to get one back. Despite our scoring woes, we're actually 11th in clean sheets against. Somehow we find a way to get 1 most of the time. It won't be easy, because they are very good defensively. But I like our chances of nicking a point at home against an opponent like this than one that is more explosive offensively.

11. Clevelandmo

Fulham FC's twitter saying Mitroglou has been ruled out for Chelscum match. This is ridiculous. Does anyone know why we paid record money for this guy? I guess so he can be fit in time for the Championship

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:angry-banghead:

Was just about to say the same thing. I only I laughed as soon as I saw that bit of info. My son asked me what was I laughing at, I just replied "fulham's season." Don't think he got the joke.

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/f ... _1_3373464?

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why Metroglue is here either at this point, it's one month of zero contribution. I wonder who will start; Hugo or Bent?

14. Clevelandmo

I read somewhere Bent wasnt on the bench last week for personal reasons. Hopefully both will feature on Saturday.

15. AggieMatt

Great. So loaning in Dempsey for 8 or so games was a bad idea (and didn't work out well, admittedly), but how is this any different? I don't believe for a second we can keep him if we're relegated. This club gives me headaches.

Anyone remember the "dreaded Fulham medical" of old? Seems we've gone from one extreme to the other.

16. nevzter

Cue the Benny Hill music these days (envision a doctor chasing around a potential signing in a robe with scantily clad nurses close by).

17. tim

tim Active Member

Nev mentioned Benny Hill, so I figure this is fair game:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQAWOCofXo[/youtube]

Hopefully it brings a smile to your face is it did for me at the end of a long, long week.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26216284

19. Clevelandmo

Doesn't Mourinho's son play in Fulham's academy? I believe him when he says he doesn't want Fulham going down

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yup, believe he's a gk in the academy. Thought of that as soon as I saw the headline too Mo.

This may be sacrilege to say, but I've grown to like Jose over the years.