onyewu

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by fulhamfottier, Jun 4, 2006.

1. fulhamfottier

fulhamfottier New Member

has moved to borough

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

From the Skysports article:

That was TWO years ago... LONG before he was proven in the WCQ events..
    meaning fulham could have got him!!!!!!!!!!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Does anyone know how much Boro paid for him? If Boro can land him, I do not see how Fulham could not have made an attempt to get him. He would have been a stabilizer in the back for years to come as he is onlyu 24. It is a shame Fulham did not reel him in.

I bet Fulham did not even target him to be honest with you. I do not know why I say that, but had anyone done their homework on this guy over the past season or two, it would have been clear that Onyewu could have and would have helped. If Coleman had cash to spend in January, why did he not go in for Onyewu?

Fulham's scouting system is run horribly. However, I will have more on that and other things Fulham related tomorrow in my weekly article.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If he is really going north, I'm crushed. I thought he'd be perfect for us all season. And now p-fog will blame me for saying so out loud!

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If McBride put in a good for them to Onyewu, then that might carry some extra weight. I think during the Latvia game they had an interview with Gooch and said that McBride was the player the he most respected or admired on the team?

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Gooch

Does anyone have sway with Fulham, McBride, Gooch, or his agent???

We must take advantage of this opportunity!!! There must be something we can do!?!?

9. americanmike

RE: Gooch

Looks like the move to boro is almost complete, according to Sky Sports:

"Powerful USA defender Oguchi Onyewu is understood to be on Teesside discussing his proposed move to Middlesbrough.

The giant centre back has left his preparations for the World Cup finals to talk terms with Boro over a move from Standard Liege.

It is likely that Onyewu will undergo a medical before returning to link up with his United States colleagues in Germany."

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :x

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

JeeZ!!!!!!!

Now Reading! And Gooch, IMO, would pick that over 'boro.
    Get him IN London, CC!

14. fulhamfottier

fulhamfottier New Member

what does imo mean

15. Pape-Bouba

Pape-Bouba New Member

lol, imo = In My Opinion.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think Onyewu and his agent are kicking up the bids. I was watching the Latvia match where he said that McBride was the player he most respected and hoped to emulate. I'd love to see him in the capital.

Most foreigners want to be with Liverpool, Man U, or some team in London. Here's hoping.

Man, he's a good player.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I know I should not believe all the rumours and reports on the net and such, but being the fact that he was not in the US camp training yesterday and was believed to be in Boro, I would expect a deal to be finalized there soon. I hope I am wrong, but usually when a player visits a club it means he is signing there.

I just do not get why Fulham was not even mentioned or in the running for him. Center-half is clearly a need and he would fill that need perfectly. Someone dropped at the club dropped the ball on this one if we let him slip through our fingers. Lee Hoos would have been on top of this I bet.

18. americanmike

Don the Hatter is right. If you look at all of the stories from the past week, it all comes down to one thing, an agent who is touting his player to any Tom, Dick and Harry who is willing to listen.

I do understand that it is their job to look out for their players but this is ridiculous...this sounds like a "Willie McKay".

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I still remember Reyna with a Fulham jersey, but the next day signed with Man City.

Nothing is done until a contract is signed. As sar as we know nothing has been completely finalized with Boro. Therefore, he's still able to be picked up by anyone who has the best deal.

COYWs.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Sounds pretty damn smart to me. Let the bidding begin, and once it reaches the level you agree upon before it starts, sign the deal. At 6'4, 220, and being touted as the First American International Football Star who will re-define the game, Onyewu and his agent are playing this out perfectly.