October 18 CD Debut

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Oct 2, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey Guys, there's a new entry in the recording blog for The Tim and Bob Show. Just click on the bottom link in my signature, and you'll be able to see what's up. Two weeks from Saturday is the day that the CD is officially on market. You'll be able to order it for $15 plus S&H. I'll post a PayPal link and all that jazz in an article I'll be writing for page 2.

We're doing a fundraiser at the CD release party. We're taking two bucks off the usual sale price, and we're also contributing a fixed amount per CD sold on that day to a local charity. We're aware that there are folks who don't live in SA who can't possibly come to the gig on the 18th, so we're taking advance orders. If we can get a check from someone prior to the 18th, we can give them the discount and make the contribution as well.

The blog provides you a link to pre-order the CD, or, if you're interested, you can just pm me and I'll contact you with ordering information. In any event, read our last blog and check out th pix.

Oh, and the CD sounds great!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: October 18 Debut

-cheers, Don!

Bump

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: October 18 Debut

Good luck Don! Please PM me with info to order the CD. Also, congrads at being voted the best cover band in San Antonio by the readers of the San Antonio Current. (That's one election that both Obama and Palin supporters can agree on!) One of these days, I'll figure out a way to get to SA and hear you.

http://www.sacurrent.com/special/story.asp?id=68441

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, Dave; I've pm'd you with the info.

If anyone else is interested, just pm me for specific information.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just bumped this up after the flurry of threads over the weekend buried it.

A couple of your fellow FulhAmericans have already contacted me on this. So, check out the link for CD status blog in my signature block, and pm me if you're interested in getting in on the bargain ...

... now would be the time to do it.

Thanks.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I've gotta keep a better eye on that website. With the counter and what not, I completely missed you being on tv today. I'd have dvr'd that if I'd known.

Hope it went well and helps with moving the cd. Congrats. :banana:

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It went pretty well, thanks for asking. If it's possible to do so, we'll do "a video" of it on our website.. Nice crew over at KABB. It's fun singing at 0840!

For the rest of you, the time to "pre-order" the CD is pretty much over, as the CD is released tomorrow afternoon. Look for an article soon about the CD with a link so that each of you can order a dozen or so copies!

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

oopsy, forgot to order before the debut. I'll order one ASAP

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I couldn't help but notice there is a band listed in the article named Chelsea Smile :wow:

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

Oopsey, me too. I will order one from the web site.

12. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Don, this CD isn't a bunch of that loud music these kids are playing nowadays?? 8) :banana:
    MK

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, before Steve changed his name, it was Slim Shady. :shock:

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The CD release party went well. The weather was great, although we had a tragedy in our church community which resulted in a memorial service being held at the same time. This cut down our sales a bit.

There's an article posted on the site about the CD, its songs, and there's even a link to our website where you can order a copy via paypal

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Will you be selling it at gigs as well? Will pick one up then if that's the case. I should be able to make it out in another 2 weeks.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We'll be lugging the CDs to every gig between now and the end of McCain's second term. So, yes, if you can check us out this weekend or next, you'll be able to pick one up.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh, I almost forgot. dtwon: I popped your copy of the CD in the mail Saturday. You should be getting it early this week.

If you like it, let me know. If you hate it, keep it to yourself!

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I purchased my copy and am looking forward to recieving it. Luckily, I like all kinds of music, except hip-hop and jazz, so this CD should suit me just fine. However, I'm a little worried that Don now has my address after the stalking incident the night of the Cleveland City Stars game. If I disappear from this message board in a few weeks, you all know what to do.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey Guys, it occurs to me that many of you prefer to download your music and only use CDs to hang from your rearview mirrors [all the better to blind oncoming musicians on the freeway]. Towards that end, here's a link to CD Baby where you can preview the songs on Take It Outside and purchase part of all of our CD on mp3.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/timandbob

You can also buy the CD from them, but you can also still buy it directly from us just by clicking the "Buy our CD here" link in my signature.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled football!

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, we've just received yet another order from someone on this site. You guys have been great; everyone in the band appreciates it!

Also, this morning, I got a complete [so far] list of venues where you can order the CD, or original songs from it, on mp3. This is for those of you for whom a stereo set-up is something that goes in your shirt pocket and earholes rather than taking up 3/4 of your college dorm room!

Anyhow, here's the list.

THE TIM AND BOB SHOW: Take It Outside
    company name date sent
    Tradebit October 30, 2008
    Apple iTunes October 30, 2008
    GreatIndieMusic October 30, 2008
    Napster October 30, 2008
    PayPlay October 30, 2008
    Inprodicon October 30, 2008
    Lala October 30, 2008
    Amazon November 6, 2008
    Ruckus November 13, 2008