New Kit - Are They Serious?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by NJGlen, Apr 5, 2006.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Are they serious? I'd rather dress up in women's lingerie to an away game at Portsmmouth than turn up to see those south coast, bell ringing, pikie gyppos in the new kit. (Info update: Portsmouth are the new Birmingham in terms of clubs to hate for no good reason)

Forget the fact that we'll be the laughing stock of the league, but anyone bigger than Kate Moss will look like a tart in it. I predict that sales of the new kit will be so bad that we'll have another amnesty next season (costing the club a lot of cash) and a new home kit to boot for the 2007 season.

I really thought the club was moving in the right direction, in terms of marketing and relations with the supporters, but this makes us look like a bunch of small-time charlies who are at the beck and call of some no-name French kit manufacturer. Seriously, who did they employ to design it? Jean-Paul Gaultier?

Puma, I know I said some rude things about you, but honey, I was drunk. I know I called your skin-tight shirts effeminate, and how I laughed at your attempts to produce cool looking FulhamFC leisure wear, but I was wrong. Please come back and forgive me. I won't ever drink again Puma, I promise.

PS One last point - holes in the sleeves to put your tumb through. Honestly, I haven't seen that since the Cure fans at high school insisted on mutiliating their sweaters by cuting holes for their thumbs. Quick, let's all run out and buy a pair of ten-hole Doc Martins and hang ourselves.

2. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

take a look at whats being said on the Fulham mb about the new shirts, 95% dont like it,

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

I thought it was ok, if not a bit bland. They say that they may get a new PIPEX logo, and if so, that could really help, because having "PIPEX" in text with no graphic looks terrible.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

5. Txgrl

Txgrl New Member

I like it.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Airness - A Short History

Good article. I think it is great Fulham picked Airness. It is a small company that wants to grow. Sounds similar to Fulham actually. I like the new kits and I am sure the other gear Airness has is nice as well. Thanks for posting this FFCinPCB.

8. Zack

Zack New Member

RE: Airness - A Short History

Real nice article, my girlfriend in a MBA program thought it was a good read as well....I cant wait to get my hands on a new kit, jacket, etc, etc, ech....away kit...haha

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: Airness - A Short History

We'll get street cred in France and we'll have no French players left on the squad...Fulhamish.

Very nice find PCB, I feel better about having them as the kit make next season.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: Airness - A Short History

Yep, seems to make the new look more genuine. I like the comparison to Fulham Tom.

Stade Rennais wears Airness kits, and they look pretty cool.

11. rumstove

rumstove New Member

RE: Re: Airness - A Short History

Good article. I wasn't thrilled with the And1 comparison, but eh.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well the new kit sells this coming season.

12. americanmike

New Pipex Logo

I know now everyone is thrilled with the new kit but I think something is finally helping out the look. Pipex has a new logo and it has now appeared on the Fulham official site, I think it will go great with our colors...black white and red, can't beat that.

[​IMG]

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: New Pipex Logo

Much better. I like it.

14. americanmike

Re: New Pipex Logo

Well isn't that wierd, Fulham had the new logo up last night and now they have the old one back on the site which is this:

[​IMG]

The one I thought would look better on our kits is the one found at Pipex.com:

[​IMG]