New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Miami FC beat Real Madrid to avoid relegation.

Anyone else notice the almost sublimal message from a few commentators and reporters about a team located in the United States joining a European League?

Not any time soon I imagine, but interesting concept. My first thought, how??

2. IanHux

IanHux New Member

My first thought, impossible. Having said that however, I would like to see it happen if at least for just one season. It would be a great experiment and a fun one to watch unfold..... except its never gonna happen

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

No.

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

That is because it is subliminal. You have, you just have not realized it yet.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

What meds are you on? Just askin'... between the non-issues on Beckham's "GOY' and this, your viewpoints are interesting.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: Re: New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

I've heard it a couple times. Actually started by the NFL who've talked about putting an NFL team in Europe. It didn't take long for the footy money men to piggy-back on the idea.

I don't see it happening, though. I think its more likely that someone will come in with billions and start a new league in the US, one that spends like the NASL. They'd absorb the MLS is 2 seasons, tops.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Re: RE: Re: New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

Now there is an interesting perspective.

'Fog , in case I was not clear, there is talk of adding a team that is goegraphically located in the United States to a European League (thought I said that already).

If nothing else, I know it would do one thing, prove one way or another whether we could play footy here in the States in Winter. I am betting that is nearly forgone conclusion that we can. Which actually relates to andypalmer's post.

I GIANT, BIG MONEY operation starts a typical FIFA scheduled league, which very quickly turn MSL into a PDL.

I've always loved connecting the dots.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

Connect this... re: the highlighted part.

No, it wouldnt!

9. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: New England Revolution win Carling Cup,...

Well, we'll be forced to pontificate on that for quite awhile before we find out who is the smarter than average cat.

Don't take it personally, but my money is on ME.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

You really shouldn't listen to ALL the voices in your head.