New Cottager

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by bearzfan4lfe, Jan 2, 2008.

1. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Just started watching soccer during the 2006 World Cup and got completely hooked on the sport.

Obviously with McBride being from Chicago and being a hard nosed player he quickly became my favorite American international.

After the World Cup I started watching the Champions League when ESPN would show it during the Fall of 2006 and Spring of 2007.

Now this past Fall I subscribed to Fox Soccer Channel and joined Yahoo's fantasy league so I could follow the Premier League and Fulham quickly became my favorite club with all of the familiar faces and obvious parellels to an my favoirte baseball team...the Cubs. And even before I got into soccer at this level I had always hated Chelsea.

I love Craven Cottage and I can't wait to one day get over there for a match...but for now I will have to settle for watching at home or getting out to The Globe to catch the matches.

Looking forward to using this site to further my love for Fulham!

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome bearzfan. I'm a huge Bears fan myself. Glad you found the site and that you settled on Fulham. Being a Cubs fan, your used to rooting for a team like Fulham. We look forward to your posts.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Hello and welcome!

I have been a long-time Cubbie supporter myself and I have to warn you I am not sure that even that prepared me for the rollercoaster ride that is Fulham.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome to the site and enjoy, great to have one of the good guys! ChicagoTom should be in touch, he is obviously one of the Chicagoians here...

Come on Fulham...

5. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to Fulham's push up the table! It's good to know there are other fans out there cheering for the same thing!

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Bearzfan, was a senior in high school (Wheaton Central) when Da Bears were doing the Super Bowl Shuffle. enjoy the site.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Another fellow Bears fan. Great to see and welcome to FUSA. There is a collection of the oddest and most original Fulham supporters under the sun on this site. Hope you enjoy the site and keep your fingers crossed that the Bears sign a quality QB in the off season.

8. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Welcome, tough season for the Bears, as a Bear fan i feel your pain. Family is from Aurora area.