New... and any Pub recommendations in Philly?

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by TerryYake, Jul 25, 2006.

1. TerryYake

TerryYake New Member

I'm new to this site and one of the first things i noticed was the Pub Guide (does that say something?) I was just a bit disappointed it didn't include my neck of the woods. Wondering if anyone has recomendations for the Philadelphia area? I live in NJ now near Cherry Hill so Jersey pubs would also be great.

2. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

A) Welcome to FulhamUSA! I think you'll find (as I have) that everyone's VERY welcoming and friendly on here... makes me glad that I chose FFC!
    B) As far as pubs go, most places that are "real" English pubs will show the EPL games. There are a ton of pubs around most cities, but the "real" ones tend to crow about their overwhelming "Englishness."
    You may want to try www.citysearch.com or www.digitalcity.com (provided that these sites are still up and running) to begin your search.
    And if you find any, be sure to pass the note on to AmericanMike to add to the Pub Guide!
    Again, welcome to FUSA!

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I spent much time in Philly and Jersey so lets start with Philly.

Anywere in Old City will have matches like the Plough and Starts, Fado and one called the Dark Horse I think, but just kep an eye out...lots of Scottish league supporters around there!

Jersey's tough, especially where you are because you can find bars with FSC but not many that are willing to open at 10am. When I was at Princeton there was a bar in the square that opened but Princeton is a far drive. Lastly, Hoboken has plenty!

None-the-less, welcome to FulhamUSA, hope you enjoy your stay...

4. TerryYake

TerryYake New Member

thanks i really appreciate the help! Princeton and Hoboken are both real hikes, Old City is do-able but also not really ideal in terms of drive-time... i'll do some foot work myself and let you know what i come up with. the real trouble is my town is real redneck, we're talking Nascar bars here so i guess i'm gonna have a drive on my hands no matter what

thanks again for the quick help tho, this site is great