More AGW tripe

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 6, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The scandals and growth of the skeptic opinion is bringing out EVEN MORE crap about the man-made disaster .. even to WSJ environs
    Climate Change May Increase Income Inequality

You asslickers of the 'educated and informed' and admirers of the snake-oil can go read it if you want.
    It disgusts me.

Do I HAVE to tell you that the study findings are charted before they begin?

There is no grant money in finding good news!

In FACT: Draconian action on 'carbon fuels', meaning taxes and/or trading credits INCREASES the disparity between the lifestyles of poor and rich and installs a permanent dependent class, which will forever depend on the state to give them the basics of existence, through subsidy.

It WILL make the educated and informed richer, however.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Reminds me of a theory my step father had. He was born and bred in Texas so he was criticizing his own peeps. Anyway, he felt that nothern communities were better run and more industrious than their southern counterparts (and that's a nicer way of saying what he said). He attributed it to the warmer weather in the south.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, Mo.. there's something to that. I got a ton of anecdotal stories on that
    When I worked for NCR, some coworkers were sent to Atlanta to help open up the Peachree Distribution Center. They came back with amazing stories on hiring local help.. said 1/3 of them showed up late for their first day.. if they showed up at all.

Had a buddy who bought a Lawn Care franchise in Knoxville {THE FIRST in knoxville}. Said he never got a helper who lasted more than two weeks, until he got a kid from NYC who decided to drop out of UT.
    Said the kid actually made it possible for him to sell and retire to Fla while still in his forties.. thus achieving the goal we had laughed at; because my buddy wasnt exactly a ball of fire, himself.
    But he arranged the financing and sold the biz to the New York kid at a discount.

But I grew up in 'Frigidaire, Ahia' and it was chock full of Appalachians. You wouldn't believe the cognitive dissonance you would hear regarding work rules, promotion, and cost and quality of their own products.

I'd invest -NOW- in a southern state small biz before I would in one of the Rust Belt states. Unless the whole thing was guvmint subsidized, of course.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah the opposite is probably true now. Most of the productive people in the North moved south and have air conditioning.

I took a drive in downtown Cleveland today as a passenger so I got to look at all the buildings. From the names on them it appears half of Cleveland is guvmint subsidized. Time for me to join a tea party. Damn sick of it.