MNT in Denver!!!!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dtwondough, May 15, 2008.

1. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Well, it might be chilly, but November 19th we'll get to see the Men in World Cup Qualifier. Pretty excited about this one. This will be the first time for me to see them in person.

2. jonbruns

jonbruns New Member

They will be at RFK in DC as well. Very cool.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Denver in November? Good call w/a definite home field advantage for the boys. Hopefully a team from the equator and Mother Nature will cooperate w/some cold weather.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

RE: Re: MNT in Denver!!!!

I'd be excited too. Maybe I'll fly out for that one as my brother has just moved there.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

does Denver fit in under FIFA's maximum height requirement? I know that it's going to be tough for Bolivia and Ecuador to host internationals.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Shouldn't be a problem. FIFA has set the max at 8,200 feet. Denver weighs in much below that at 5,200. Compare that to LaPaz at 11,800 feet.

7. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I would think they checked in with the requirements before scheduling it, but elevation is probably 5000-5100 where Dick's is located.

8. Bradical

Bradical Member

Great news, I will be there w/ a Fulham jersey on.

Thanks for the news dtwondough - the USMNT should be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the grounds at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.