MLS Postseason Kicks Off

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Oct 26, 2011.

?

Who will make it to the MLS Cup?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2011.
  1. Colorado Rapids

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Columbus Crew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. LA Galaxy

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Seattle Sounders

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Real Salt Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sporting KC

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Houston Dynamo

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. Philadelphia Union

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. FC Dallas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. New York Energy Drinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The action starts tonight with a wild card match-up between NY Energy Drinks and FC Dallas. Go DALLAS!!! I'm really relating to MLS these days now that my hatred for NY probably exceeds the hate I felt for the Yankees growing up a Dodgers fan. Whoo Hooo lets go Dallas.

Here is the playoff bracket
    http://cloud.cdn.mlssoccer.com/mlscupbracket.pdf

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'll go with Seattle v. Philadelphia in the final.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Will pick the Galaxy (as long as Keane is good to go) and KC in the Final. Have watched more of the league than ever and if possible will try and get to the HDC for the first time in years for the home leg.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with Dallas. Would like to see Shea get some confidence before he bolts to Europe, since he'll probably be our best player in '14. I'm not that crazy about the beckhams, er, galaxy (Bruce arena, hello). Would love to see sounders do it, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Whoever the hottest team down the stretch was...that's who will win. Unless it was the team with the best record, in which case the 2nd hottest team down the stretch will win it.

6. Clevelandmo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. SoCalJoe

The Liquid Crack in Cans appear to be getting hot. Tim Ream with a saving goal line clearance :shock:

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

So, now the league gets the match up it wanted in NY v. LA but, still, this playoff system is needlessly messy. I watched the last 30 min of the NY v. Dal match and I couldn't understand why Dallas didn't get the ball to Shea every time down the stretch.

And, I'll watch/dvr any Seattle and KC home matches - fabulous atmospheres and I imagine the playoffs will be insane.

9. nevzter

why the hell is colorado in the "eastern" semis? i hate the mls playoff structure

10. SoCalJoe

And New York is in the "Western" semis.. :lol:

Economically speaking, the playoffs are a necessary evil for the league and it's owners. However, can we please throw out the absurd geographical terminology? Doesn't the MLS first round or quarterfinals sound better?

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Is it too late to change my Seattle vote? :shock:

check out the highlights, especially around 4:30 in the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlmFzC6gJ4A[/youtube]

12. SoCalJoe

Wow, what a back heel by the RSL player. Seattle looks to be toast.

Rafa Marquez acting like an @SS? :shock: Have rooted against him since his cheapshot on Cobi Jones in the WC 02. Good win for the Galaxy.

Houston goes into Philly and gets the W.

KC in command over Colorado and going home.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, sorry to see Seattle get ousted. Best of luck to Kasey in his future endeavors!

14. Clevelandmo

The New York Red Bulls are the Old Faithful of classlessness. Last night Luke Rodgers was particularly on form as the @$$ that he is. Thankfully the Energy Drinks were dumped down the drain by the Galaxy.

[​IMG]

15. SoCalJoe

Houston and KC should be a great match w/both teams in good form before and during the playoffs. Mo, one of your favorite players, Brian Ching w/a class goal last night.

As for the Liquid Cracks, you know you're unlikable when a team made up of Landon, Becks, and Keane are loveable in comparison.

16. nevzter

Ha, shockingly true.

That was a nice goal by Ching.

17. sullytex

sullytex Member

I went to the Philly Houston game on Thursday. Houston definitely deserved to win. Last game at the UH campus prior to the opening of the new stadium next year. Ching started off the Dynamo there with the first goal in the inagural season and kissed it good bye with the last one.

The new stadium is really taking shape. I have a clear view from downtown. The facade is now being put on.

This team combines a lot of scrappiness with talent. They are hot but will need a bit of luck to get to the final and then win it all.

18. sullytex

sullytex Member

Also I hate that there in no home and away leg for the conference finals. There were 25k folks in the stands on Thursday and would be more if there was a return leg for the conference final. I can live with the final being a one gamer.

19. SoCalJoe

Totally agree Sulley, not sure why the league wouldn't add one more leg to the semis.

20. sullytex

sullytex Member

Must be the winter, which looks like it would have a huge impact on some northern games. I think it would be, ball parking of course, an additional 1mil in pre tax cash to the dynamo if there would have been an extra leg.

Will be watching the game tomorrow. Let's go Naranja!