MLS Cup preview

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Nov 10, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The best regular season team in the East v the '4th best' regular season team in the West....BUT...

What the Rev's have going for them is Steve Nicol and the Kraft organization (Patriots) 'team-oriented' mindset.

What the Gals' have going for them is the combo of Donovan and Hercules Gomez, and 'we can beat anyone'!

View from the Cheap Seats: The Tao of Nicol

- - - - - - -
    Cup role reversal benefits all involved
    - - - - - -

Donovan still trying to prove his worth
    - - - - - - -
    Pretty sure that interested Brits and others, can video stream the game by going to MLSNET.com

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am pulling for the Revs in this one. It is cool to see the #4 seed get to the final and all, but I think the Revs will prove on Sunday to be the better team.

3. pettyfog

Same here.. but not because I don tlik eDonovan... it's because I dont like Steve Sampson!

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I haven't checked, but I'd assume this game is going to be on ABC. When is the MLS going to realize that when they put games up against the NFL, they're never going to get good ratings. I'd consider myself to be a pretty good american soccer fan, but no way i'm going to turn off the Ravens game to watch two teams I really don't care about.

I know that if you play the game on Saturday, you've got the same issues against college football, but college ratigns are far lower than the NFL, and I'd imagine you'd get more casual viewers than on a Sunday afternoon. The game starts at 3:30, the end of the 1:00 games and will run into the beginning of the 4:00 games.

This is going to get another sub 2.0 rating, and probably for good reason.

5. pettyfog

I dont have the answer to that... but I'm pretty sure that MLS has looked at it and picked what they thought would be the best slot, considering.

Dont forget these guys had enough savvy to create SUM and get the 02-06 World Cup rights... they did something right.

TV rights awarded

6. pettyfog

LA wins 1-0 in OT, goal from guy who hadnt scored an attacking goal all season.

Such a yawner I didnt even watch it at all... meaning I forgot to...

Not exactly a stirling display of MLS..