Mike Rigg Shown the Door

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Dec 23, 2016.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Mike Rigg, the Chief Football Officer of Fulham, has been let go:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38419284

The comments on Fulham's Facebook post with this news were uniformly happy - the kind of happy when you see a guy who cut you off get pulled over and ticketed later. Schadenfreude I suppose.

I'm not sure how I feel about it because it is hard to know what is happening behind the scenes. We've gotten better since January of 2015 when he came on board, but we didn't really seem to improve until the summer transfer window of 2016. The credit for that improvement could go to Jokanovic, but he also complained about not having enough control, so were the improvements of this year because of Joka or in spite of him?

I was hopeful when Rigg came on and I don't have much choice but to also be hopeful at his exit. One question - where does this leave Craig Kline, Khan's stats expert?

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Agree, it's difficult to know what impact, if any, he had on the club. I doubt we'll ever really know, since no legitimate journalism agency appears to cover them worth a hoot.
    We MAY find out when someone else re-employs Mr. Rigg but, even then, I doubt anyone will press him on it. And if they do, he can choose how forthcoming he wishes to be about his time at Fulham. Which will probably be, not very. And no one will really care.