Michael Yon: Boots on the ground

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 19, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On 'Words'

A singularly definitive post on the state of the Iraq War and Afghanistan and explanation of why he says Iraq is in Civil War...

One which we didnt start and was inevitable, in any case. Though that is my view.. it's also my view that it's far less destructive and damaging than it might have been if we hadnt intervened.

The author of the famous photo of the GI carrying the fatally wounded child explains his views and recounts poor and misleading Western coverage of the great job the forces are doing.

[​IMG]
    copyright M Yon

2. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

P-Fog, you and my father-in-law should go bowling sometime. But, setting aside the arguements about who started what, and who would be better off left alone or not left alone, my biggest gripe with this war is the way wounded US soldiers are treated upon their return. These brave children need to be better taken care of...both medically and emotionally. I think peoples of all political persuasions would agree with that. We need to lobby the senate - all parties - to take better care of the many forgotten heros.