McBride rumors now PROVED Bullhockey!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Feb 13, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Posted and written by idiots who know nothing about him and confuse him with the run-of-mill player who licks agents' arses.

- "McBride might'nt make US team for WC"

- "McBride looking at Everton and Spurs"

What it's ABOUT, if not just money after taxes, is about terms of leaving, so MLS can afford him... and WHEN he leaves... which might be next year.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: McBride rumors = Bullhockey!

I have found it funny hearing people recently say that A. McBride will not make the World Cup team or B. Twellman will start ahead of McBride.

Twellman has played well lately, but he is nowhere near the level of McBride. He might play some up front for the US in the World Cup, but until he retires, McBride is far and away the best striker the US has.

3. Fernando

Fernando New Member

RE: McBride rumors = Bullhockey!

But is there truth to the notion that McBride might leave Fulham at the end of the season? I sure hope not.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: McBride rumors = Bullhockey!

I highly doubt that rumour to be true. McBride has established himself at Fulham and is a fan favorite. In addition, it would take him at least half of a season to get settled at a place like Tottenham and Everton.

My guess is that he and his agent might potentially be using these teams as leverage in trying to work out and finalize a deal with Fulham. Have no fear Fernando, McBride will be back for Fulham next season!!

5. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: McBride rumors = Bullhockey!

My guess is that next season is his last in UK. I wouldnt bet that he WONT leave in the summer but it wont be to Everton or Spurs... it would be to come home. Didnt anyone consider the possibility that he doesnt want a contract at all?

After that, maybe 1 season with The Fire and he'll hang 'em up!

6. Fernando

Fernando New Member

He is getting up there in years. Alas; you know you're getting old when your idols from your teen years start retiring.

7. pettyfog

McBride signs extension... idiots proved wrong

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I'm really happy we'll see McBride around for at least another year. This is great news!