Mark Hughes-When does he get the sack

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by heestj10, Jan 4, 2009.

1. heestj10

heestj10 New Member

Mark Hughes has to get sacked soon rather than latter right? I mean they got beat 3-0 by Forrest in the 3rd round. He has to go after that right?

I was watching sky sports news and checking some city boards and they are calling for his head. How much pressure can build before they make a change?

Predictions? I am guessing if they lose their next league game (@ Pompey) he is out.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

But who will they get to take charge in January...someone temporarily in the hopes they can stay up and wait until the summer to find a 'permanent' replacement.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Despite their standing in the table, City are still 6th in goal difference. They're really not that bad, and their luck will probably turn around before too long. Hughes is a good manager, and if he can somehow get their defence sorted (and the usually-reliable Joe Hart regaining last season's form would help a lot), they have the potential to compete with the top 5.

It's funny, two of the teams in recent memory that are most comparable to Fulham of 08/09 are Hughes' Blackburn from 04/05 and Stuart Pearce's Man City of 06/07. City have gone from all defence to all attack in just two seasons, despite hiring a defensive-minded manager.