Man City v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Mar 20, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Show's how much we're looking forward to this one, we haven't even started the game thread and it's Thursday evening.

BTW...you know who will be out injured. Again.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/ko ... usurv=skip

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hope to be in the chatroom Saturday. Interesting things happen when Fulham are playing at Citeh and the FUSA chatroom is busy.

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

While learning about signs of concussions earlier this week I came to the conclusion THAT must have been Kvist's problem on Saturday. What other explanation could there be for all those passes to Newcastle players? Hopefully since he didn't appear on the injury list he's recovered and won't be passing to the team in blue this Saturday. If Aguero gets the ball in front of the net he'll probably do more with it than Cisse did.

Anyone care to take a guess about who Magath will start this week? Every lineup has been full of surprises.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good theory about the possible Kvist concussion michaman, he seemed brain dead on more than one occasion. As far as the lineup I don't have a clue other than the $12 million Metro is out AGAIN, w/Burn and Parker joining him. Since GD is of no consequence anymore let's hope the boys carve out a few chances and don't just play 10 behind the ball. Expecting a 3-0 loss, but maybe Citeh will have one eye looking forward to their Tues. Manchester derby. For Fulham supporters the scoreboard watching around the league might be more entertaining than the match our team is playing in. Desperately need Newcastle to rebound and beat Palace at home, a Norwich-Sunderland draw would be good, and a WBA loss would be helpful as well.

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

After looking absolutely lethal in December and January, especially at home, the goals have dried up a bit for City the last 2 months. It would seem Aguero is the key to the deadliness of their attack and he's still out with a hamstring. So that improves our poor odds, but not enough to matter I'm afraid. They've kept a clean sheet in each of their last 3 Prem games (against lower table competition like us). 3-0 to City.

I'll be curious to see our approach to this match and to see if we revert to form and break mentally after shipping a goal or two. I'm not sold we got that much of a confidence boost from just one win.

As you know Don, this isn't the same City, unfortunately. That lot were still suffering from the Shiniwatra hangover.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, my boy and I will be watching but the result may be too graphic for him to observe. Still, why shouldn't this club claim a scalp at some point in the second half of the campaign? I won't bother with logic or facts in response to my rhetoric, but come on, the sun shines on a dog's ass at least once a day.

COYW

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm remembering how they barely broke a sweat when they beat us at home by introducing two second half subs that were so superior to any of our starters, and then toying with us. Don't expect too much difference this time around.

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Not in England.

10. jumpkutz

11. jumpkutz

Between this kind of result and the ticket debacle, I'm pretty discouraged right now.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Some bad photoshopping, but according to Sporting Intelligence blue is transfer fees, yellow is wages. And this isn't even from this season.

[​IMG]

yeah i don't know what anyone else expected//"This game is rigged, man. We like the little b*tches on a chessboard."

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Also also also the 2013/14 season Fulham FC have TIED '94/95 Ipswich, '95/96 Coventry City, and the '97/98 Bolton Wanderers for conceding the most hattricks in one EPL season with 3.

AND all have come in past two months/since mid-January. Which is better than Ipswich who had theirs in a month span (Mar-Apr), yet worse than Bolton & Coventry's three (Sep-Dec).

Ipswich finished bottom (22nd at the time), Coventry 16th (survived on GD, somehow), and Bolton 18th (relegated on GD).

Some esteemed company! :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

14. tim

tim Active Member

There's always Derby County.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We'll always have Derby County … by the way, we didn't beat them in either of our two matches against them.

16. jumpkutz

I almost dropped my teeth when I read this....and I still have my real ones!

[tweet]447703620147224576[/tweet]