LS speaks to the press

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Jensers, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont think I qualify as expert but, I said before, LS is due.

Be a shame to dump him early and then be beaten by his new team after he brings them up.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

It's reassuring to know we are the hardest team to beat in the bottom four, that's a title worthy of any cup?

Wake up LS think before you speak man

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

It is reassuring. It means we aren't that bad. Hell, Everton has one more loss than we do. And we haven't gotten beaten by 6 goals yet like Man City has. LS has a point. He's been doing the right things, but the results just haven't been there.

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am happy for the win and glad that the guy found some breathing room because of it...

But - I have to agree -
    I dont like the way he throws out statements either... The interview with him after the Reading game he says, "We are the best first half team in the Premier League, I think everyone knows that."

I am not sure what that means, and I am pretty sure the "everyone" he is talking about is just LS and the voice in his head.

6. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Nope, he's right. Go here:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Stati ... 06,00.html

and select "Half-Time League" from the dropdown. If every match ended at 45 minutes, we would be first in the league. Fulham also has the best first half goal differential.

7. pettyfog

Let's be fair. I see little of homilies from the 'Manager's post-game quotes Handbook'. Dont we remember Cookie's sad refrains? He was far from unique in that.
    Sanchez has the choice to say what he thinks, play it safe .. or say nothing at all.

If you want a manager who speaks the truth -as he sees it-, you cant reject the parts you dont like or think 'sound dumb'.

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Love the site.

You learn something new every day. I didn't realise Reading was the oldest club in the Prem, nor did I realise that Fulham had the worst diciplinary record of any top flight team, Baird, Konch and Omozusi all seeing red with another 23 yellows to boot.

9. pettyfog

There goes that 'fair play' award... The only one the Crew received this year, speaks for itself.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I guess we are back to the petition to shorten the game - it is going to have to be changed to only a 45 minute match tho.

My point as to not knowing what that means is - what does it matter if you are the best 1st half team. I dont know why that would be a positive or something anyone would claim as something to justify the fact that you losing.

Games are not 45 min - they are 90. Who cares if you are good for only 45 of it.

Well - in Fulham's case it has been good in 75.

Let me just make it clear that I want Fulham to WIN. But LS... I dont know. Seems like a knucklehead - just a personal opinion.

11. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I think his point is that their form in the first half proves that they can play. It's just a matter of seeing it through for the whole 90 minutes and being more consistent. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but he strikes me as thoughtful, candid and honest without being blustery or bombastic.

EDIT: That, of course, does NOT mean I always agree with him.