Looking for Golfers for Fridayof the Columbus Weekend

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by mnlandshark, Jun 10, 2005.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Hey all...

I'm planning on getting into Columbus sometime on Friday morning and was looking to see if anyone wanted to play a 1-2ish round of golf on Friday afternoon.

I'd like to get back to the hotel in time to go out with Tom, Mike, et al. after the round, so a 1:00 tee time would be perfect.

Any out-of-towners want in? Pettyfog, are you a duffer? Know of any good places close to where we're staying that won't break the bank?

I'll volunteer myself as the arranger and book the tee times, etc. But I'd like to get an idea if anyone else wants to join me out there. Post here and then I can follow up with PMs once I get a general level of interest.

-Jeremy

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

There's a ton o' courses right around Cols but I dont play so I have no idea.

Tell ya what... wait till about tuesday and ask on the Crew Forum; be nice... remembering that Jeff Wuerth the Crew PR Mgr is a regular (he's trying to keep us from lynching the manager).. he may even set you up.. who knows!

3. Jux

Jux New Member

I don't play either, but count me in on post round activities:)

4. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

No golfers around here? Really?

Pettyfog, I'm definitely going to try out your suggestion next week... hopefully by then someone else around here might be up for the links...

And Jux, I don't think you'll need to worry about the post-round activities... I have a feeling with the number of people we'll have in town, some of us may never sleep...

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

http://forums.matchnight.com/categories.cfm?catid=2

jwuerth{at}thecrewDOT

But dont expect a response from email...I reckon that the FO is getting about 95 % carping messages.. wont look at any from folks they dont know... So asking on the forum is best.

6. chengb02

chengb02 New Member

for those interested in golf (other than just playing), there is a very nice Jack Nicklaus museum on the OSU campus that some may want to check out...