**LOGOS** - Round 3

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Dec 20, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ok, here are the revisions with the Union Jack and the 'S' made white along with a couple of extra ideas that he designer put together with his own ideas. A total of 4 concepts.

We can also revise this round as well, I definitely think we are on the right track though.

Logo 1:
    [​IMG]

Logo 2:
    [​IMG]

Logo 3:
    [​IMG]

Logo 4:
    [​IMG]

EDITED: Sorry a fifth option was just received.

[​IMG]

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

I like #3 , but with all of the letters in lower case. Why? Most people type in web links in all lower case. Maybe, since red is the common color between Fulham and the USA, the text could be in all red. I have a couple of ideas. I don't know how to upload theim into a message--I will e-mail them to Mike to post.

3. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Sorry to say this, but I think these are really busy....the only one I would consider is 3, at a push. I think its a case of too many cooks because we are trying to cram too many ideas into one logo

4. americanmike

Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

I agree Glen, but I really wanted to explore all options or else I would be questioning myself the 'what if?'.

I like #2 but it seems a bit 'long'. I think the flags and ball are too large on #3 but would not rule that out.

I felt that the union jack should be introduced and that the USA should stand out. What would you suggest Glen?

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

I like #3..but perhaps make the flags and ball a little bit skinnier to not crowd so much space. Maybe underneath too...as to underline it.

6. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

O.K. This may be a mistake on my part but oh well, here we go. I put some of my own ideas in with the logos that are already created. This may make things more difficult but I never seem to do things the easy way.

Mike 1:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 2:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 3:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 4:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 5:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 6:
    [​IMG]
    Mike 7:
    [​IMG]
    Dave gave an option like this:
    [​IMG]

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

I like Mike #5 & #6 (but I would make the USA a bit simpler) of all the choices and I like the Dave option.

8. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

mike 5 is the best by far...all the others are too busy, i agree with glen. also another concern is that would the logo look washed out and old on a t-shirt. like it's been in the wash too much. in that case mike 6 may be a little stronger?

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That was my concern, too, MW2. And why I picked Mike#6 just for that reason. But #5 might even cooler when it ages...I like old, faded, washed out t-shirts. :3d footy: <---how cute.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I like #1 on the first concepts and #5 on Mike's concepts. I like the combination of the Union Jack with the American flag.

11. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

I realize that my comments were a little unproductive...what's the point of criticizing something if you do not make a suggestion? Lewt me have a think and I'lll get back to you.

12. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

yes i like that smiley Heather...seems we agree on most of the logos thus far!!

yes, still undecided as to whether i like 5 or 6 better....either way i think that Mike's designs had more thought behind them than the people who produced the 1st lot....maybe because mike has more of an understanding behind the brand and the concept though.

13. Jux

Jux New Member

I agree with misswitch2 and DCHeather on Mike #5 and #6. This design helps to consolidate the logo and title in a very clean way. I prefer Mike #6 better also because of the bold colors. But really, I would be happy with either.

14. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

is it bad taht I dont like any of these?

15. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

Is it really bad that you didn't comment on any of the last round??? YES.

16. mrsjux

mrsjux New Member

I was also absent from the last round--I hang my head. As Jux can attest, I've not been myself of late.
    But here I am. Ta-Da!
    Of the first batch, I like the #2 option the best. My reasoning: I like the graphics leading into the text. With the text underneath, it breaks up the thought of it, if that makes sense. I look at them as two separate things, rather than one complete logo. So that leaves #1, #2, and #5. I like the S outlined in black.

For Mike's additional options, I like #7 the best, which, I realize contradicts the whole flow thing I just said above. But I really like the look of that one. Of #5 and #6, which are the popular choices in this batch, I'd go with #5. I like the bold colors of #6, but wonder if that would detract from or make the fulhamusa.com too hard to read.

Personally, I don't think they're too busy. Maybe I'm all desensitized and used to logo-heavy things, but I actually thought they looked pretty clean. Especially if they're bigger and on a tshirt. There's a lot to convey with the logo-prem. soccer, US support, website. I'd imagine it would be pretty tough to say that simply.

By the way, thanks, Mike, for putting the time and effort into this. I am really sorry I haven't been more proactive. I'll be ever-present for the rest of the process. Promise!

17. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

GO... F yourself pal, I just thought the last round was headed in the right direction... so I didnt feel the need to comment.

This stuff is all way to busy in my opinion.

18. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

Anger management is a must.

All I was elluding too was that I needed a bit more constructive criticism of the logos. Right, right.

Anywho, one more day and I'll put in another revision. After that I may fine tune them myself.

19. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

a man with a plan :)

20. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: **LOGOS** - Round 3

Sooo sexy...