LOCKED: January 08 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Yes - they're not English. That inflates the price of players considerably. Look at Arsenal - over the past 5 years, they've actually sold more than they've spent. They have no English players but they're #1 in the league. Sanchez' policy of buying only players with experience in England only led to overpriced signings.

2. jlough

jlough New Member

Good point English palyers are more expensive and the fans want them.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

That's a fair point that I didnt really consider because Sanchez' players were N. Irish (i.e. not English) and not in Premiership (or at least not for long).

4. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

5. Blinking_Timo_Jutila

Blinking_Timo_Jutila New Member

You think getting lousy goalscorer whos screwed up his career is better than getting a genius who could break even the thoughest of defences? :?:

Atleast in the UK the guys seem a bit more enthusiastic about this guy. Well, maybe they understand a bit more about soccer than we? :|

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

BTJ; I'm sure TimmyG was referring to his age and the fact he's been playing in Sweden (you don't exactly see highlights from that league). While I'm unsure what role he is going to play, just having someone w/that class even at the training ground is a good thing. I'm hoping to see a few of the passes you are referring to.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

9. richardhkirkando

He's counting an Intertoto game, which I'm pretty sure is considered to be a pre-season tournament.

10. Clevelandmo

Is there any word on the Cousin situation? Sorry if I missed something.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's all still pending. We're where we were 10 days ago, waiting for one FIFA official to stop scratching his ass and say "yes" or "no." Think ManU would be waiting this long?

12. richardhkirkando

Doubtful. Man Utd signed an 18-year old Brazillian on transfer deadline day - a South American player with NO international caps - and he's already registered and available to play this weekend. They play by a different set of rules.

13. Clevelandmo

I cant believe this is possible . . . why arent people spitting nails over this? Rangers dont want to play Cousin because of risk of injury after a medical with Fulham. If FIFA decides to take weeks and weeks, he wont be ready to play for any team. How can FIFA have such authority and yet no accountability to do things in the best interests of the player, the pro teams, the fans, and football. Please someone give me a rational explanation before I combust.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...all.html?in_article_id=513167&in_page_id=1779

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Mo, unfortunately rationality and FIFA are mutually exclusive.

15. Clevelandmo

Maybe the decision will come today.

16. Clevelandmo

I'm not sure we should get our hopes up about the Cousin transfer.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't have a lot of hope, Mo; just a rising sense of outrage. This 3-club law is designed to protect players, but FIFA's hesitance to make a decision is screwing nobody more than Cousin himself. He can't train with us because he still belongs to Rangers, and Rangers can't play him or probably even allow him to train with other players because we've already done his physical and made the bid.

So, while they sip their tea and concentrate on one thing at a time, Cousin has lost his match fitness and his chance at first team football with either side. WELL PROTECTED FIFA. What a load of jerks.

18. Clevelandmo

Don, did you read my last link? What do you think of what the former Lens manager says. He blames it on Fulham and Rangers. Says Cousin played twice for Lens so he should not be allowed to transfer and the clubs should not even be trying.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, Mo; I posted that last week and someone came back and said that the other match was an Intertoto Cup match and, so was not part of this season and the rule didn't apply. Certainly it would have made sense to query FIFA ahead of time, but I'm sure that both camps were working on the premise that the rule didn't apply.

20. ja_altieri

ja_altieri New Member