Liverpool v. FFC [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Dec 5, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

too early? Not for me!

Line-ups? Predictions?

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Liddypuddle v. FFC [R]

Line-up against the LillyLivers:

------------------------- Lastuvka ---------------------------

--- Volz ------ Knight ------- Christanval ---- Rosenior --

------------- Brown ----------------- Diop -----------------
    -- Routledge ------------------------------- Boa/Radz ----
    ---------------------- Jensen -------------------------------

-------------------------------- McBride --------------------

Bench:
    Back-up Keeper(??)
    Pearce
    Helguson
    John
    Radz/Boa

Final Score: LillyLivers 1 - 1 Fulham

What to say, except McBride is our best striker, and Radz is playing better than Boa Morte. However, Boa will undoubtedly start over Radz. After all, Cookie has to showcase the goodies to get them sold. Sucks that it might cost us some matches in the process! (And why the hell is Routledge not getting more time).

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

RE: Liddypuddle v. FFC [R]

The 4-3-3 lineup from the Arsenal match is 1-0-0 this year. I say go with that.

4. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Fulhamish

Based on the Whites' performance against Blackburn, I fully expect Fulham to throttle Liverpool 0-3.

It's the Fulham way -- play to level of the competition, win the matches they're not supposed to win, and yet get clobbered each and every time they have a chance to secure their hold on a top-half place. Sadly, as such, after beating Liverpool and looking like a world-class squad doing it, FFC will then play to a lifeless 0-0 draw at home against Middlesbrough.

Fulhamish, that's my prediction -- just more Fulhamish.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I love the ideas I've seen above. I'd like to see some attacking, but I think that we're likely to see the lineup supplied by PCB.

Score 2-1 the 'pool. I'll be in the chatroom for some of the first half, but I have a brunch gig with Tim and Bob, so I won't be around for the end.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get some Scoucers.

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I hope you're right ChicagoFan because I would love to see a win over Liverpool.

I hope Zat Knight has a huge game stopping Crouchinho. Even if Tall and Lanky isn't playing, I think Zat Knight needs to play big on defense for Fulham to have a shot at winning.

I also hope the "good" Boa Morte shows up instead of whoever the hell that guy in his jersey was against Blackburn

COYW, give them the boot!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's try this again.

I'm in the Memphis airport heading home and all I can say is "bump, dern it!" Let's see some line-ups and predictions and passion and

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i think this game is going to be very interesting. liverpool just lost to galatasrarary (or however its spelt), and fulham lost, okay, sucked against blackburn so both teams should be hungry. i think fulham may be ready and have a shot at a draw. a win would be nice, but probably unlikely.

either way i'll be happy because it will be on television.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am not expecting a result from this match and often times, that means that Fulham WILL get a result. Liverpool has not lost at home in league play this season and will be a tough nut to crack on Saturday.

I am guessing Chris Coleman will opt for a 4-5-1 defensive formation. Something like this:

Lastuvka
    Volz-Knight-Christanval-Rosenior
    Radzinski-Brown-Jensen-Papa-Boa
    McBride

If the midfield can flex their muscle against the quicker, more talented Liverpool midfield, we will have a chance. If not, the defense will be under immense pressure and with an inexperienced Lastuvka it could be a long day.

Anything is possible though. I am fearing the worst but hoping for the best!! COYW!

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I am afraid our reverse pyschology might pysch Fulham out of getting a result, thus what is expected will happen.

Make sense?

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I hope you are not right, but you probably are Heather. I am just trying to be optimistic on the outside because on the inside, I am quite pessimistic about this game. I think I need to see a psychologist about this team.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think we all need to see one. I can usually predict the team's I support win/loss records fairly well. Not Fulham though, just when you think you can make predictions, they suprise you with a horrible defeat or an outstanding victory.

I kind of like the not knowing and the roller coaster of feelings, though.

Who knows maybe I psyched out our reverse psychology psych out, so what was expected to happen will no longer happen.

13. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

But if they KNOW we're using reverse psychology, then that would reverse psyching them out, and thus they WILL get the result. Or, we could just pretend that we're NOT using reverse psychology, as a ploy to avoid making them think we are, in which case we would be using using reverse-reverse-reverse psychology. Or something like that.

14. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Either way if we play well we will pickup at least 1 point against Liverpool. They have been the never ending rotating roster team and baring a few matches really don't look like they have it together. Not to mention they are still nursing their loss from Tuesday.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Ow. My head hurts now.

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

uhm, reverse psychology is kinda juvenile in these instances. not to insult, but being a rex sox fan for so many years taught me that. the team wins, or they dont. thats really the only attitude i can have. i mean i still root for fulham, but i dont root against them when i'm really rooting for them but i cant consciously acknowledge i am rooting against them because that would jinx the initial root and ow my head hurts too

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Lastuvka will have 10 terrific saves....

and allow 6 goals. Liverpool 6-0. don't know if i can watch this one after that Blackburn debacle

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm not quite that pessimistic..

3-1 the Poo{l} and fulham plays well, otherwise

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I would like to nominate the ChiTom, DC Heather, and ChicagoFan portion of this thread for the annual Salvador Dali prize in sports writing. I larfed me bum off. Well done youse guys!

20. psand22

psand22 Member

I'm glad to see we have a tough road game this week. That means we have a good chance of getting a result. I see it (1-1):

Lastuvka
    Volz - Knight - Pearce - Rosenoir
    Radz - Brown - Jensen - Diop - Boa
    McBride