Least favorite team

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Nov 19, 2007.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

While prorastinating, I decided to ask who your least favorite teams are. I have a few:

1) CSKA London -- How they do business is totally devoid of class. There are too many examples to mention but the hangover of Mourinho as the manager plus the fact that Terry is a classless captain of England would be a good place to start.

2) Juventus -- They didn't get hit hard enough for their match fixing last year. They'll do it again, and UEFA will not do enough to keep them honest. UEFA behaved as effectively as the UN when dealing with them.

3) DC United -- I'm not sure why, because I like the passion of their fans, but something about them rubs me the wrong way.

4) Cleveland Browns -- Because I am a born Pittsburgh Steelers fans and even though they have improved this year, they still are a distant second in the rivalry.

2. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

1. Kansas Jayhawks - Go State
    2. Chelski - COYW
    3. Cowboys/Yankees - Go AZ Cards and Dodgers

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, we've done this in the past, but there's a lot of new blood on the site, so again is also fine.

1. The Undead -- The only organization that could make me sympathyze with Josie Murhino! I like a few of their players a lot -- Bridge, Joe Cole, Essian -- but I can't stand F to the third Lampard, nor their owner.

2. AC Milan -- everything that's bad about football -- crap fans, rampant cheating, overbearing ownership, domination of league officials and referees, arrogance -- is part of this team.

3. Everton, Millwall, Watford -- because of run-ins with fans in my Luton Town days, as well as Everton's repeated attempts to get Luton kicked out of the old 1st Division in the 1980s.

4. The Bos York Yank Reds [or the fighting ESPNs] -- I really long for the good old days when Milwaukee, Detroit, Toronto, and Baltimore used to win the AL East periodically. I honestly don't see any difference in their organizations or their fans any more.

5. Mexico National Team -- I love everything about Mexico and Mexicans except their national team playing my favorite sport.

6. Runners up in no particular order: Cardiff, Pompey, PSG, [and, in pointy football] Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, FL.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Oh, that hurts rcl19- the Browns and you live in Cleveland? They have the best fans in football. They were tailgating even after the Browns were stolen from Cleveland and there was no team. It's a fun team to be a fan of, especially yesterday.

The only team I hate is the New York Yankees, but the Red Sox may soon be added to that list if they continue down the path of no class and big bucks.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Steelers. ONLY Because of their fans. When the Browns are in Cincinnati, Bengals fans can go to the john or concessions without risk of being beaten up.
    Of course it COULD be that the Browns fans dont want to risk losing more teeth than they already lost naturally.

Mexico and Costa Rica. Again because of their fans when we play at Saprissa or Azteca. Like Chelsea, not worth spending 'hate' on their teams when we play 'em here.

Boca Jrs. New for me.. again because of their fans and local press. Just leave Schelotto alone and quit egging him on to diss Columbus... unless you're going to PLAY him, then bring him back.

Notre Dame ND fans, GIVE IT UP!!! Aint never gonna be 'glory days' again.

I find I can no longer 'hate' DCU or the {overrated} Fire. Being a loser for so long does that to ya.
    I COULD hate NE for Jay Heaps, alone... but hey!

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i like to distinguish least favorite teams from teams I hate. there are very few I hate, and a bunch that are least favorite, so i'll just talk about hate. other than the University of Utah, there are few I hate. It's more a situation of a person associated with that team (coaches in most cases) that I hate and therefore I hate the team )except for the UofU in which I hate em all. so let me then name the people i hate and therefore the teams i hate:

Rick Pitino
    Billy Donovan
    Jim Tressel - Sorry Buckeye fans, but can't stand him
    Barry Switzer
    Isaiah Thomas
    Kobe Bryant - but at the same time IMO he's the best player in the NBA

7. pettyfog

Yeah, I know what you mean... he really has nothing in common with those other names. It's just he's SO EFFING SMUG in his modesty, right?

gotchur number!

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

I GOTTA ADD THE RAVENS, now! Just saw the Brian Billick post-game comment. LOSER!!!!

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

manu/chelsea/liverpool/aresenal - okay, maybe its silly it dislike all of them. but considering as most americans who dont know who to root for automatically pick them is irritating. and oh yeah, they usually beat us.

west ham - why does everyone give them a free pass? they won with an illegal player!

yankees - being from mass, you grew up to hate this team. until 2004 (and even sometimes after), they continually broke your heart. true, the current manifestation of the red sox is horrid. but it still cant erase the years of strife and agony.

devils - so your offside trap thing: a great way for you to win championships while simultaneously ruining professional hockey. thanks.

any boston collegiate sporting team - go holy cross, pride of worcester!

colts - payton. manning.

italian soccer (in general) - do i even need to explain myself?

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The UF gay-turds and chelscum blue-poo.

They have so much in common (that is not fecal related), whether obnoxious management (see: Spurrier and Mourinho) or more obnoxious fans (see: them on television or in person wearing their strikingly horrific colors), that they should create some sort of strategic partnership for the recruitment of annoying individuals.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG!

They had TWO illegal players. :twisted:

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

1. New England Patriots - My two NFL rooting interests have been the Colts and the Dolphins and the Patsies have played the foil to well.

2. Yankees - Forerunner for today's payroll gap. (Boston is rising on the charts)

3. Mexican national team - Obvious rival for the USMNT.

12. pettyfog

How can you hate Mexico? We own 'em!

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

hahaha.

key word was "won", don.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Least favorite team

15. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Least favorite team

You didnt get it.. I hate chocolate ice cream. Cause it's TOO good and I cant eat much of it. I tol' you why he hates Tressel.
    Rmember my sig a while back?
    Fire Jim Tressel! For setting unreal expectations for fans of other sports in Ohio.

16. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

1. Dallas Cowboy, Philly Eagles, and New York Giants(tie)(huge Redskins fan)

2. Manchester United (For some reason I actually disslike them more than I do Chelsea.

3.New York Yankees(Orioles fan)

4. Duke Blue Devils(have always hated the Duke basketball team)

5. Mexican National Team also(Like HatterDon like the country and the people, but hate the national team)

6. Virginia Tech( was from Virginia when I was younger and was UVA fan and then moved to West Virginia and went to WVU and of course did not like VT at all.

17. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

1. Dallas Cowboy, Philly Eagles, and New York Giants(tie)(huge Redskins fan)

2. Manchester United (For some reason I actually disslike them more than I do Chelsea.

3.New York Yankees(Orioles fan)

4. Duke Blue Devils(have always hated the Duke basketball team)

5. Mexican National Team also(Like HatterDon like the country and the people, but hate the national team)

6. Virginia Tech( was from Virginia when I was younger and was UVA fan and then moved to West Virginia and went to WVU and of course did not like VT at all.

18. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

looks like i need to explain my reasoning for hating Jim Tressel...

I took a coaching class a few years ago when I was in school and there was some dorky kid that wore an Ohio State hat every day. The kid would raise his hand like 5 times a day with "Coach Tressel does this...Coach Tressel does that...Coach Tressel Coach Tressel Coach Tressel." I'm not exaggerating either, by the 4th day in class, everyone in their hated Coach Tressel and that dorky kid.

19. psand22

psand22 Member

I'll keep it to a minimum...but I sure like to hate. Red Sox, Yankees, NE Patriots, Knicks, Notre Dame, Univ of SC, Muck Fichigan, The Ohio State Univ, and any and all fair weather - band wagon fans. Their pain gives me pleasure.

20. krhimself

krhimself New Member

My least favorite team? That's a tough one.

Eh, I'll go with UF. I guess it's an acquired taste from being an FSU student for two years. Besides, their "Go Gators, go start a Fortune 500 company" commercial was a blatant attempt at WUM'ing the entire country.

Not too far behind them on the list:
    South Korea and China, in any sport -- due to their rivalry with Japan.
    CSKA London -- self-explanatory.
    Rangers -- rivals with Celtic; also have a disgusting set of supporters.
    Yankees, Red Sox -- might as well lump them together.
    Pittsburgh Steelers -- perhaps because I'm a card-carrying Browns Backer? Who knows.
    Hanshin Tigers -- a baseball team in Japan, their fans act so brash despite the fact that the team has accomplished little.