Knight Linked With Villa

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Dec 10, 2005.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

From www.4thegame.com:

Knight linked with Villa
    Wednesday 07 Dec 2005

Fulham central defender Zat Knight is again being linked with a possible transfer to Premiership rivals Aston Villa next month.

The ?2.5million-rated 25-year-old stopper is continually being mooted for an exit next month after falling down the Craven Cottage pecking order after being reprimanded earlier in the season by boss Chris Coleman for breaking a club curfew.

The 6ft 5ins star, who has been at Fulham for six years, was a regular member of the team in previous seasons but since being fined and left out of the side, he has found it difficult to get back into the starting XI.

As a result Knight, who even won a call-up to the England squad for last May's friendly win against the United States, is believed to be on the look-out for a new club and Villa, who the Solihull-born player supported as a boy, would be the ideal destination.

Villa boss David O'Leary is looking to bolster his rearguard due to the long-term injury problems of Denmark international Martin Laursen and a move for Knight is a definite possibility.

---------------

My comment: oh, please, please, let it be so! Is there anything we can do to help?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Knight has obviously fell out of favor with Cookie and the fans but I would never talk bad about the boy simply becuase he is Fulham. With that said...

This could be a great move if we use the money to bring in yet another defender. I think we have seen the most Zat will do as he has hit a platue in his skill. If we got 3 million pounds for him, I believe it is some great business.

Goma has ALWAYS been one of my favorites both on the pitch where he is the rock and off the pitch where if he ever sees me he says, DUUUUUUUDE! Boca, Goma, Christanval and Zesh (as long as he continues his progression in Skill) is all we need at the back.

Use the Zat $$ and bring in a serious left back.

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

i'm with Dave... he sucks... if you guys wanted some of my useless junk and were willing to pay handsomely for it, I'd deliver it myself.

4. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

would they take cash or cheque...i'll pay them to take him!!