Kit's Friday (and 1st) Press Conference

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by AggieMatt, Sep 19, 2014.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/september/19/kits-first-presser

Talk is cheap and we've had more than our fair share of cheap talk over the last 2-3 years, but I have to admit he says a lot of encouraging things here.

encorespanish likes this.
  2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Here's the video....and Sarah's back.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

4. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

That's what enjoying the game of football looks like! Apparently that's been forgotten for some time now. Good to see Bryan back in the fold, for training at least.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Forgive me for barging in. All fans are excused for exhibiting a certain amount of healthy cynicism. - 'Cookie Coleman'

In reply to Heather below, you are absolutely right. should'a thought about my own wording when I said 'barging in'

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Shh. Not right now. I agree though we may be jumping ahead of ourselves. But let us cheer something! We haven't had much to cheer for the past year and half.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-post-with-victory-over-Bolton-Wanderers.html

"Kit Symons is in pole position to land the Fulham job and could secure the post if he beats Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday.

Symons, the current caretaker manager, has the support of influential Fulham board members and secured the club’s first league victory of the season on Saturday at Birmingham City.

Felix Magath’s difficult tenure was finally ended earlier this month and Symons has stepped in, losing only one of his three games so far.

And while chairman Shahid Khan had pledged to lead a “thorough search” for Magath’s successor, Fulham are edging closer towards appointing Symons on a permanent basis.

A former player for the club and coach of the under-18 and under-21s sides, Symons will strengthen his claims with a victory over Bolton at Craven Cottage on Wednesday."

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I find these absolutes to be highly obnoxious. Does one victory (or defeat) truly make (or break) one's career?

Also, I certainly hope that our chairman's exhaustive search is not cut short due to victories over arguably inferior teams - a League One squad, Birmingham City, and Bolton (the two teams immediately above us in the table).

9. tim

tim Active Member

I dunno. I think Kit may be the man for the job. For all the reasons that have been stated here and elsewhere. We'll see what happens Wednesday, but to everyone's point, it's nice to have a brief reminder of what drew many of us to Fulham football in the first place.