Keith Olbermann is my hero!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mnlandshark, Aug 31, 2006.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Keith's takedown of Crazy Rummie last night was brilliant for so many reasons...

Read it yourself here... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12131617/#060830b

Better than anything in the whole scathing thing was his use of Edward R. Murrow's classic...

And, to boot, he's got the Wingnuts up in arms that anyone would dare say such a thing on TV!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

He's a F#@%$#$$#g idiot!
    Snark and drive-by only go so far.
    AGAIN THAT CRAP...Easy to say, never proven.. easy to point at an executive branch that acts FORA CHANGE like an executive branch... and not a concensus of poll takers!!!

One that actually ACTS on what it says it believes instead of submitting yet another UN resolution.

Made mistakes? Sure.. but the BIGGEST mistake was to underestimate the perfidy and willingness of the Dem leadership to regain power, whatever the cost to the country.

Divisive my ass! It's about time the admin took off the gloves, realized that Pelosi, Reid and company will say or do anything to get back in power... and the recent Time Mag article on Pelosi said just that without putting it in just a few words.

And IN THIS... he makes Rummies point, interesting that he uses the conservative Neville Chamberlain talking points, isnt it?!

In this case the situations are reversed... it's the mewlings of the appeasers coming from the 'loyal opposition'.

- - - - -- - -
    Back to KO..
    How about dredging up some of his opinions and blasts about Rove and Plamegate.

Wilson was a liar, he was proved to be a liar LONG ago and you guys kept on this damn track of making something out of mud.

Amd how's that Delay prosecution coming?

Most of the Dem party is made up of 'fearful men'... and it LOOKS like half the Republicans are as well...

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well if there was one thing missing from this board for the last 6 months or more, its the opinions of the landshark which are then countered by a wound up Pettyfog.

Now those were the days...

4. pettyfog

If Landshark would do a little of his OWN thinking, rather than parrot the glib opinion huckster, he MIGHT have referenced this outrageous decision:

Fascism begins at home! {my title}

On mistaken no-knock raids and resulting evidence and damage to individual rights of domicile.

I previously screamed bloody hell on various internet forums about the idea that owned property could be confiscated with seizure of drug material EVEN if the owner had NO IDEA of the use of the property by the target perp or that drugs were present.

But I couldnt get any interest from Liberals, supporting my view.

Clearly no-knock needs to be redefined by our elected... will they do that? I doubt it.

5. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

A Fu@#ing icon is Keith Olbermann. Did anyone see the Ann Cunter on Hannity and Colmes with Kirsten Powers as guest host? The most idiotic thing she said was "But as for catching Usama, it's irrelevant. Things are going swimmingly in Afghanistan", what a dumb bitch.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"kw" I might have put it differently, but you've summed up Sieg Heil Barbie to a tee!

7. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Saying "catching Usama is irrelevant" is so insane that its comical. Even Pettyfog has to admit that she needs to shut up.

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Out of all those in the current government Rummie is the one I despise the most. It seems every time anyone questions him he gives us one of those they'll write whatever they want in this town loads of crap. He makes mistake after mistake in this war and it never seems to matter, always brushed aside.

Maybe I'm being Mr. Simpleton here but the whole idea that a guy with no military experience runs the whole damn military just blows my mind.

As for Anne Coulter she's just insane. Some of the stuff she says and writes makes me wonder if she wants to see liberals physically harmed. She is a person filled with incredible hate.

BTW P-fog out of curiosity do you differ with the current administration on any issues?

9. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

To me she does it all for shock and to sell books.

10. pettyfog

Exactly... a better looking, more successful Michael Savage,

But... she's right about Bin Laden. He did what he wanted to do, now he's irrelevant except as an icon.

11. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

So what you're saying is the a terrorist succeeded and the administration in power at the time failed to stop it? That's quite the bold and daring admission! Let's face it, the administration is accepting their own failure in this regard by saying "We can't catch the guy. We tried. We failed. And now we're going to make him irrelevant on our own terms." That's great, but I don't feel any safer... oh wait, I'm supposed to be fearful of the brown people, or else I might vote for a "librul pinko commie"... at least they could use all of the syllables when the say the Lib-er-al.

And as for "parroting talking points", I won't get into the reader's rep story that ran in our local paper a year or so ago about how any time the current administration (or the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy mongers) need their base's help, that the editorial desk gets THE EXACT SAME LETTER from hundreds of writers. If there's a group that's been dipping into the Kool-Aid for too long, it's the Wingnuts and their followers.

Sadly, I have to get some work done this morning, or I could have ranted some more...