Kamara is Back

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Bradical, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Bradical

Bradical Member

Great news here - Roy says Kamara is ready to play. All he did last season was (imo) save the club from relegation (@ Man City, winning huge free kicks) and show a propensity for scoring away goals (which we kind of need right now). Welcome back.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... ining.aspx

Oh, and a note to Zamora - your remaining chances are numbered.

2. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Yes!! Extremely Great News!!
    Can you say, West Brom?

PS- The All-Black kit he's got on, me likey!! 8)

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I said earlier he would be our greatest aquisition in the January window and I stick by it. I see a spot for Dio out wide on the left and cannot wait to see him back in acction.

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Good - they need another option to give the attack a different look from time to time. I like Nevland, but in the event that we need someone to go the full 90 - Kamara is a better choice.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't actually think that's precisely what he said.
    Given the rest of what he says about not having match fitness, I think we have to read "f I was to start him in a game, he could surely do it" to have a silent "in an emergency situation if another striker were to get hurt, but it's not something I plan to do right away" at the end of it.

Per the club website, the Reserves don't have a match until the 25th, though, so maybe we'll see a 20 minute cameo from him in one of the few matches before then to help him work up to playing a full 90 for the Reserves later in the month.

Regardless, though, it's great to hear that his recovery is proceeding well.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

RE: Re: Kamara is Back

Awesome to hear the hero of the Man City match, my single favorite sporting moment of all time, will soon be back on the pitch for the whites!

7. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I hate to be the one to puke in the punchbowl, but did everyone forget that before he "saved us from relegation" he sucked for 7 straight months?

His performance at Citeh was tremendous, however. He was amazing in that match..

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Lets see ..... August, September, October, November, December, January, February. If the West Brom transfer timeline holds true that means we should see a good game from Gera in March right?

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Re: Kamara is Back

Sorry Nick, that pass from Murphy and the run by Kamara is seared on my cerebellum.

Besides, another person that stunk beyond stink last year was Chris Baird, and with a lot of Woydust he has been pretty good this year when he has been on the pitch.

One thing that passion ain't, and that's rational.

10. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Kamara is Back

and another one that was getting serious stick last year on these very boards was Murphy for his passing prowess, or rather lack of it.

Dio sucked most of last year so Nick makes a fair point but all was clearly forgotten after the Citeh game. Roy will sub him for awhile I gather and having him, will allow AJ and Zamora to get some rest for a game here or there.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Sorry guys but Kamara saved us other times as well. Not just the City game. There was the bicycle kick and at least one more - someone on here must have these facts at their fingertips.

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Mo I think that bicycle kick happened in like August, and then the Citeh game was in May, big gap I think....I didn't start watching the team until late November so I could be way wrong. So maybe sucked is a harsh word but very little contribution might be more appropriate.

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I believe the bicycle kick goal was on Sept. 1, 2007 against Tottenham. We tied them 3-3 that day.

14. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kamara is Back

That planted the seed to my future fandom. My jaw literally dropped when I saw that goal. If I do recall as well, it was Baird with the long throw in that set up that goal. hmmmm...... Hopefully Kamara can start producing for us soon, preferably on the road so I can finally shave... It's getting really bad.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I actually have nothing to say here; I'm just posting to clear the subject line of all the serial RE re crap that keeps people from seeing what the subject of the thread is.

Hint: If, before you post, you go to preview ad clear out the subject line, you'll get the original thread title for everyone else to see.

No need to thank me. Really; my pleasure.

16. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Oh I agree completely. Just thought it was interesting that we all seem to be collectively ignoring his prior performance (after much, much complaining about him on this very board).

So yes, we've got one kick against Tottenham and one game against Man City... and a loooot of time in between.

17. Bradical

Bradical Member

Don't forget that it was Kamara who earned the free kick at Pompey that Murphy headed home...

18. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I believe he also won a free kick that led to one of the goals against Villa. He didn't do much over the season, but he was much better after returning from the ANC.

Unlike another Senegal player I know...

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Years ago, Larry Bird won the NBA 3-point contest. The guy who finished second hit something like 8 or 9 in a row before missing his final shot and coming in second. Larry Bird's reaction? "You made every shot except for the only one that really counted."

Bugger how he did prior to the match, he got the biggie in the match that really counted. If he doesn't do the do at the COM Stadium, we're all fighting for promotion in the CCC.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

BS. Every match counts for three points whether it's in September or May. If he does what we paid him to do earlier in the year, we're not practically consigned to relegation by the beginning of April; that match at Shitty "really counted" precisely BECAUSE he was mediocre for much of the year.