January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Nov 27, 2011.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

3. jumpkutz

Maybe we should go after Drogba. I can't for the life of me understand why Chelsea wants to be rid of him so badly.

4. tim

tim Active Member

The earth would stop spinning.

5. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    Yeah, we have enough strikers and wingers- the problem is getting them to score goals on a consistent basis. Then again, if AJ leaves at the transfer window, we'll definitely need a replacement...

~ Steve

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Re: January Transfer Window - Zamora???

With his listless performances this season, and rumors swirling of not getting along w/the manager, what will happen w/Bobby in Jan.? I watched him closely yesterday and something is clearly wrong. There was no other person to even think about subbing for when Jol brought AJ on. Yes, service to him hasn't been great, but his movement w/out the ball is far below the high standard he has set for himself. I would rather try to get him straightened out, and it could happen w/one great strike, but if this is best he's going to give then it would dumb not to listen to offers.

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

We have an abundance of wingers, but we're light on strikers. Or at least quality strikers. I'm not sold that Bob can recreate his best season with us and I don't think he's fitting into what Jol wants to do. AJ has been great in Europe, but the goals haven't been there consistently in the Prem. Sa is a project.

Of the wingers, the only consistent goal threat is #23. The rest do nice things, but so far putting the ball in the back of the net isn't one of them. I'm still hopeful that Ruiz can come good to that end.

The other thing we need is a cm who can distribute the ball ala Murphy. I think Baird could do that job surprisingly well (if given the chance), but then we'd need fullback depth. Our other cm's are more defensive minded aside from perhaps Sidwell, but his passing vision seems pretty pedestrian.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Zamora is an excellent player. Probably the best we have. His form did not get suddenly worse. It has to be something with Jol or Jol's tactics. I wish one or both of them would get over it. We have a better squad than last season but the fans arent getting to see that in the team's play. Bummer really. I just doubt Mo will pay what would be needed to get someone of Zamora's quality if he goes in January.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but I saw Zamora limping around for a while early in the game. But I don't know how much it was leg, foot, whatever was bothering him later on. But if he wants to move on to a better contract and is not getting on with Jol, then he needs to go. No sense in trying to keep an unhappy player.

10. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I think Zamora is overrated. The price tag is apparently £12m and if we can get anything near that then sell him. We could get another forward at a much cheaper price to score a couple of goals.

The rumor I like the most is Berbatov coming here. That's the exact player we need, somebody who scores when given the chance. We have dominated alot of games only for players to miss chances and this is the player we need.

11. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Actually, after he tangled with Karl Henry, it did. Since the injury, he's got 6 goals in 26 starts in all competitions. 2 of those were against Crusaders. But he holds the ball up and distributes, right? He has 6 assists in those same 26 starts. 2 of those came in that glorious QPR shellacking. He's gone 8 starts now without a goal or an assist (last @ Wigan 10/29). 11 starts w/o a goal (last v QPR 10/2).

If someone wants to give us 12M pounds (and if anyone can tell me how to type a pounds sign, I'd love to know) we'd be abject morons to keep him. I'd go as low as 8M and that's still probably over-valuing his contribution.

It's harsh. He was terrible for us to start, but he erased all of that with a brilliant run until the unfortunate injury. Since then, he's been average at best. He's about to turn 31 in a couple of months, he isn't fitting into Jol's system and he's reportedly at the head of whatever friction there is in the locker room. Time to move on.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... iker-andre

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I would be absolutely shocked if Bobby is still in a Fulham jersey come Feb. 1st. I'm not necessarily happy about it, but for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to be imposing his will in matches. That doesn't mean he isn't giving effort, but when everything is 'right' w/him he would be a force in matches in ways that don't show numerically in the stats.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/m ... batov.html

Don't think this will happen, but wouldn't mind a short loan.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I thought that Jol rubbished the idea of Berbatov at the Cottage. I would love to see it, though. The man can score and support other attackers.

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I thought Jol denied the Berbatov rumors. Anyway I would like it and at least we know he will fit in with Jol's style. When Jol was at Spurs, he said he would rather die than lose Dimitar Berbatov.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... sfeed=true

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/ful ... 58105.html

But Lazio have also shown interest and want him to link up with his ex-Bayern strike partner Miroslav Klose.

19. jumpkutz

Does his recent form mean Berbatov is suddenly too hot a commodity for us to afford?

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... p-scramble