January Transfer Window 2013

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Didn't see a topic so figured I would start one.

What we need in January:

Need:
    Any player (CMF, LMF, RMF, AMF) who can get the ball through to Berbatov at HIS pace and timing. Goals and wins will come from there.

Like:
    Young CB to be added to the mix for the H+H replacement in the future

2. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Like Mcgeady from Spartak to replace Duff. It is becoming clear that Dejagah is an option off the bench rather than a starter.

Since we like going back to the well, we might sign Boateng, then signing Douglas from Twente would solve our CB problem.

Staying in the Eredivisie, if we are serious about splashing the cash then Strootman is ideal for our midfield.

The odds about us spending that kind of money is slim and none so I'm sure we are going to sign a bunch of guys we haven't really heard of. Jol said he had money to spend and lots of it so maybe it's possible, I dunno.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Willie Overtoom for midfield

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Huge surplus from sales compared to buys, so I hope MJ was right about having $$ to spend. Biggest hope is that the club is proactive and do what they have to do at the beginning and not waiting until Jan. 30th, but something tells me that's wishful thinking.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Hey, what about that Beckham guy?

6. tim

tim Active Member

Ha, I was wondering if anyone was going to throw that out there. Not as outrageous as it may initially seem, but probably not the best idea either.

7. Clevelandmo

Well if you are going to suggest Beckham, I cant help myself. How about Landon Donovan. Surely the chance to play alongside Dimitar Berbatov would convince him to stay in the game.

8. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Jol said he would want Balotelli at the right price. I say, screw the right price, bring him in at any price. The forwards we wold have in Berbatov and Balotelli could be one of the best pairings in Europe. Then having Ruiz on the team as well? There would be no shutting us out. Get a guy like Mark Noble to spread the ball around and Douglas to stop the goals from going in and we would be a top 6 team.

And the odds of this ever happening is slim and none so I will stop with the talk now and focus on realistic rumors.

9. Clevelandmo

I dont see Mancini letting go of Mario, and certainly not for the £7.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

12. Clevelandmo

It's looking like it might actually happen

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...n-move-to-Fulham-after-securing-a-work-permit

And no one has mentioned that we signed the Dutch rising star Chris David, unless I missed it. Or maybe we discussed it last August. Anyway, he certainly sounds like a good acquisition - except for the two first names part.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20912398Fulham sign Dutch teenager Chris David from FC Twente

13. SoCalJoe

Had to look up Boateng and saw that he's a defensive mid. Not too excited to be honest.

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

What about bringing up some of the kids who won the U-18 championship last year? Youth be served!

15. Clevelandmo

Apparently Inter have accepted an £8.2 million pound bid for Wesley Sneijder to join Galatasaray. Why cant we get him. Surely we have that much left over from Dembele's escape clause. :angry-banghead:

16. SoCalJoe

The 8.2 million wasn't the problem, it's Sneidjder's 200K a week salary that would be a huge issue. He would of had to be willing to cut about 150K off a week. I'm sure Sneidjer knows going to Turkey to play in a league no one outside of the country gives a rat's arse about is a huge step down, but with his career being on the backside you don't give back millions of dollars. Not sure if his contract is up at the end of this season, but if it is, I'd be all for inquiring about his services.

17. Clevelandmo

:doh: oopps, I got overly excited and did not think that one through very well. Now that we have Berbatov I guess I started thinking we can snag any unhappy superstar

18. Salz

Salz New Member

19. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

If it isn't a center mid who can challenge for major playing I am beginning to become numb to the news.

20. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Yeah, we can delete this thread for all intents and purposes. Or rename it, "Building the Youth System."