It's a long season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by andyns, Aug 25, 2007.

1. andyns

andyns New Member

I've never been happier after a loss. The past few seasons I took losses personal. They gutted me for an entire week. I was miserable to be around. I missed classes. I underperformed in school. I lost friends. I lost girlfriends.

This season my girlfriend convinced me it just isn't healthy. I am making a serious effort to disconnect my mood with Fulham's form. I still get stuck in for 2 hours, but after that, it's over.

My girlfriend is over, got in today, she was in British Columbia whilst I was away in Netherlands, haven't seen her for two months. My brother is home from Netherlands with his girlfriend. We went swimming. I've been drinking all afternoon. I'm happy.

All I can say is fuck it and roll on, it's a long season.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

right with you there, Andy. Since the match ended, got hold of some serious Hatch chilis, hung out with friends, hit the gym, and had a cup of tea the size of Rhode Island. They're gonna win or lose whether we get on with our lives or hang ourselves from the lamp post.

And, like I said in the chat room, every time they do this, I love the Black and White more. Must be terminal brain cramps.

Enjoy your circle and your juice, pard.

COYW

3. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Whoa, pretty crazy andyns. It's like you were in my living room listening 2 me tell my buddy the same thing. Growing up an Eagles fan I had plenty of practice getting all worked up and pissed off over a game. "Ahh but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now". The beers are still ice cold and the brisket's on low. Hope everybody enjoys the rest of the weekend.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I still am gutted with the loss, but what can ya do? Can't do anything to change the result so move on and get behind the side for the next match.

I do hope the results begin to come our way. A nice run of winning five matches in a row would be a nice change whilst I am in jolly ol'.

Enjoy the weekend all.

5. BC

BC New Member

Ah, nothing a little Jager won't fix :)

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Geez, you fellahs really know how to ruin a brood.

7. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I had my first official bout of the footie blues last week after the match against 'Boro (although I loved being in the chat room). I called a friend of mine, a longtime ManU fan who is now feeling bluer than ever, and asked if this would pass. I had him on the phone for nearly an hour, talking about the bad calls, Warner's ADD, the fact that I couldn't watch the match and yell and the screen good and proper, and he told me that the sinking feeling I was experiencing was normal, to accept it and to know that's, sadly, part of being a true fan. My husband skulked around that morning, afraid I was going to become either a raging a-hole or a weeping, sighing, depressed mess everytime Fulham has an "L" next to its name.

My mood improved that afternoon when I went for a run through some swamps, woods, sawgrass, creeks and briers and then settled down with some folks for a few cold beers on a 100 degree day.

So...moral of the story...I won't get into a funk on game days if we lose because I can always hash later!!! Getting out indeed makes a huge difference...

-T
    8)

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

It was a rough sports day for me because Saturday night my beloved Tigers were spanked by the Yanks. I followed Saturday's Fulham game via cellphone checks to the BBC web site as my wife drove to the beach, with occasional tune-ins to the BBC Sportworld show. After the game ended, about 1/2 away from our destination, I was certainly not a happy camper, but when we got to our cottage, I let it go.

Growing up a sports fan in Detroit during the 1970's, I had to learn how to let a loss go otherwise I'd drive myself crazy. (I also had the advantage of getting lots of opportunities to learn how to get over a loss!) So, while it was depressing to lose two games in one day, there is a tomorrow (for the Tigers) and a next week (for Fulham).

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

The past few weekends have been tough for me in Soccerland. I've seen my beloved Whites and the Crew drop some close games in the closing minutes. Nothing worse than being so close and watching it slip out of your hands.

But this weekend was different. My lovely girlfriend reminded me (again) that it is still early in the season and all the new players are still working on their rythm. And she is right. Now if we are still sitting on the bottom come my trip to Afganistan in December, I will start to worry.

But until then ... COYW!!!

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Someone I know puts it a bit more literally:

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, despite my distaste for his personal ethics, Shady1 put it right.