...Investment, principles, relegation, future club profile..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LBNo11, Jan 10, 2008.

1. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

post no longer topical

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Quote from ESPN, the 60 year old being Hodgson

and

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

LBNo11; knowing you bleed black and white, maybe you can give an insight to MAF's spending habits. Is it just perception, or did the whole Marlet fiasco tie-up the purse-strings?

At this point, the only way to safety is both $$ and luck (jimmy, mac, and cook contributing significantly along w/no more injuries). Actions speak louder than words, so we'll see just how serious MAF is in staying up.

4. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

Finances

...Cleveland Mo, I remember Chris Coleman saying similar things. I have no doubt that Mo will give some money to Roy, but will it be in proportion to our (small) size club, or show a new era of ambition and rebuilding with a budget relative to that that Keegan and Tigana had at their disposal. We must get out of this insidious demise we are in at the moment, and my feelings are as stated in my message.

SoCalJoe, without a doubt the purse strings were strangled after the Marlet affair, Mr Fayed was undoubtedly upset in the way that football dealings were being made - and his perception (the right one in my view) that there was a lot of sweeteners to hangers -on etc., and his attitude to the harsh reality of football transfers was affeceted. Sadly Chris Coleman suffered the brunt of the aftermath, and constantly had to sell players to replace with much cheaper versions and good players nearing the end of their useful career.

Your optimism about the return of McGod, Jimmy and someone called Cook (?) making all the difference is most commendable; the problem is that even if they all start to play in the first team in the next two weeks (which is extremely unlikely, although I hope Jimmy gets 15 minutes in the next two league games), regaining match fitness and form could take 5 or 6 or more games. We haven't got time for them to produce the goods before we are condemned to the drop, and so to conclude, I stand by my original post and the points raised...

PS: I do know who Cook is - I was being facetious, a bit like my belief in God, I would like to think he is really out there, but I just want some proof!

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Finances

Excellent post, LBNo11. I agree with you, the mindset must be changed....significantly.