Howdy from IOWA

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by hawkeyes1, Dec 2, 2011.

1. hawkeyes1

hawkeyes1 New Member

Very cool to find a US site dedicated to Fulham, I am located in Iowa, I have been rooting for Fulham since I started watching the EPL (about one year) because of the U.S. connection with Dempsey and I know they have had other American players. I have always hated the extremely successful teams in sports, I love it when manchester united lose. I have found the EPL very addicting, hopefully Martin Jol will keep the momentum going and we can get higher up the table and farther away from the bottom 3 spots.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome hawkeyes1!! We already have a fellow Hawkeye in LaxAttack so you aren't alone. I keep going back and forth about Jol, and am curious on how the team responds in this run of difficult games.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome to FulhamUSA, hawkeyes1!

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Welcome to the site!

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Go Hawks!

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Welcome, welcome, welocom, Sir Hawk!

7. tim

tim Active Member

Welcome aboard. Always happy to have another Big 10-er around (as long as it's not a Buckeye).

8. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Welcome Hawkeyes!!

9. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    I haven't been keeping up on welcoming new folks to the board (or posting much lately), so a warm welcome to my fellow Midwest native. I get what you're saying about people automatically rooting for the most successful teams, the number of American fans who blindly root for Man U or the other Top 4 teams for no reason other than their success and/or popularity annoys me.

I studied abroad in West London and had my pick between Fulham and Chelsea, the two things that tipped me over to the right side were Fulham giving a chance to American players (at that time it was my fellow Illinois native Brian McBride and former Chicago Fire star Carlos Bocanegra) and not wanting to root for basically the English equivalent of the Red Sox (i.e. spending as much as Man U's Yankees, but not getting hated nearly as much for it).

~ Steve

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Welcome Hawkeye1.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

welcome aboard!